is your wife understanding about your truck? | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

is your wife understanding about your truck?

mechanic021

Reaction score
My wife is awesome when it comes to me and my dodge ram. I have been hinting at her for months now to get me a lift for my truck for christmas and the other night she finally made me a deal I couldnt pass up lol She has been begging me to shave my beard off so she could see how I looked without any facial hair. So I told her I will shave if you let me get a lift so she said fine you shave for me and I can get any lift I want :D woohoo lol I think its a fair trade go hairless for a week for my lifted truck sounds like a deal ! lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

chriswells78

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Powell(Columbus), OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Limited
I feel you, I compromize with my wife on my toys all the time. But, then again, isn't that what marriage is all about? Getting along and compromizing to achieve a common goal? For better or worse? I mean yeah "love" has to be there too but I see too many couples get divorced when they "love" eachother but cant get along and compromize.

P.S. I put quotes around love because it is a subjective term with a different meaning for everyone, no hate mail please :D

By the way, yes, she is pretty understanding about all of my toys, but note by the signature, she has the newest car :)

Lt.Jim

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
South Central Pennsylvania/NorthernMaryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT
My wife is pretty understanding. When something breaks on her car I fix it and if she wants to keep it running she has to put up with my projects. I even have her real close to trading in her car(94 volvo 960) for a second gen ex :thumbsup: :D .

Now if she lets me mod it in any way will be a different story.

410Fortune

Truck Season!!
Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 "Slightly" Modified
Callsign
FOURTEN
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hows this:

She can be.

No seriously I have been pretty lucky, but the girls I have been in relationships with know right from the start my hobbies (okay okay so truck crap) come with me, take it or leave it. I dated one girl who liked to work on the truck with me, that was kinda cool for a while.....eek.
It's a tough topic, but the good ones definatley can accept the "truck time", 4x4ing trips, cut up hands, $$$$$$$$$$$$ spent, time spent, etc.

I think I actually converted one of 'em, I bought her a Jeep (I did the down payment, I couldnt keep her old 87 CRX si going much longer, it was my parents old Sahara and she had always wanted a Jeep, She did NOT want to get rid of that CRX!) Now shes got the mod bug a little bit. She started pickup the magazines and learning what goes where and why. I think basically just so she could communicate with me about what it is I was doing. But she's hooked now! only took leseee....9 or so years!

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
My wife is as into wheelin' as I am. Can' beat that. She's also understanding of all the time I put into this site.:chug:

CodePoet

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 XLT
For the most part she is very supportive. She wants me to have my "hobby", since she knows it's one of the few things i get enjoyment out of (outside of her, and our families). She's also becomming more active within my club and so far has like everyone she's met. I'm going to be bringing her on some club runs next year i hope so it's only a matter of time before she starts getting hooked lol. I have offered to buy her a sami, throw some sliders and 31"s on it so she could wheel also but she said she'd rather ride with me.

I try to be responsible about the whole thing too, spending money slowly, when the extremely tight budget i have outlined in my head allows! Granted i could stroke a check for the whole kit and cabodle (i've drooled over the thought many times)...but in order to keep the marital bliss...blissfull I'm taking it easy haha.

mechanic021

Reaction score
yeah we are still settling into our new house and everything so our budget is extremely tight to. I think I got lucky when I chose my truck though cause dodge trucks are one of the cheapest trucks to lift since there isnt much to the suspension.

dmasini

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Raleigh, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 XLT
Mine is up to a point. I'd been telling her for years I wanted new rims and tires but I would wait until after we got married (to save for wedding expenses). Now I've got to wait for a house the beginning of the year. Next is vacation and then her brothers marriage in Chicago is going to cost us a bunch too. Seems like a never-ending wait to get these things now. And everytime I mention it I get a dissapproving look with a suggestion we need to save for this and that. And as much as I hate to admit it she's right.

So the moral is buy everything you can BEFORE you get married! :) I'm just glad I got the lift in at least...

mechanic021

Reaction score
yeah my dad tells me the same thing get your toys now because we also have a baby due in june so my days of truck toys are gonna be over real soon lol

chriswells78

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Powell(Columbus), OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Limited
dmasini said:
Mine is up to a point. I'd been telling her for years I wanted new rims and tires but I would wait until after we got married (to save for wedding expenses). Now I've got to wait for a house the beginning of the year. Next is vacation and then her brothers marriage in Chicago is going to cost us a bunch too. Seems like a never-ending wait to get these things now. And everytime I mention it I get a dissapproving look with a suggestion we need to save for this and that. And as much as I hate to admit it she's right. QUOTE]

Your gonna "need" new tires eventually ;) Just sneak the rims in with the cost.

ryf

Reaction score
City, State
Portsmouth, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Explorer XLT 4x4
Mines very understanding, as long as I'm understanding to the part about money not growing on trees all the time.