• Register Today It's free!

Iso first gen hubcap

H20indicted

Reaction score
City, State
San Angelo, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Explorer Sport
Im missing one hubcap on my 1991 and its driving me nuts, especially since i just put new tires on her.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I’m not sure I’ve seen a 1st gen with hubcaps. Are you talking about the small cover that goes over the lug nuts? If so, what color are you needing?

You know now that you say that, it looks like my explorer actually has 2nd gen rims. I need the kind of star shaped cover with the ford emblem in the center. I should have taken pictures while i was at the shop.

There are some on eBay...

I’m not sure I’ve seen a 1st gen with hubcaps. Are you talking about the small cover that goes over the lug nuts? If so, what color are you needing?
They were an option on XL 2WDs in 91 and possibly 92. Here is one I found. It's definitely a hold over from the 70-80s cars. Full wheel covers were rare by the time the Explorer hit the market.

1.jpg

Yeah mine are the starfish looking ones off the second gen explorer, for some reason someone swapped the rims i guess

Yeah i ended up going that route but the last 2 things i got on ebay for her one was broken and the other never showed up.
Ebay/ PayPal has a really good system to protect buyers in these situations. If something is broken or never shows, I definitely report it. I bought tire tubes for my model A a few months ago on ebay. About two weeks later, they never showed. I reported it and we waited another week. They called the shipper and I guess figured out the items were lost. I had 4 new tubes show up a couple days later for no extra cost.

I ordered lights for another project. They came in wrong and I made arrangements to send them back. I didn't use the eBay messages system and eBay couldn't help me when the seller basically stole my money by taking the product back but not refunding my money. So definitely use eBay's system for any problems you have.

Yeah i love ebay, and i even sell on ebay too. Just had a lot of issues in the last month or so for some reason.

That's a good looking sport! I have a soft spot for the two doors.

Same, shes come a long way since i got her and still has a few things that need some attention.

Back