• Register Today It's free!

Iso mirror switch

H20indicted

Reaction score
City, State
San Angelo, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Explorer Sport
Im looking to see if anyone has a mirror switch for a first gen they'd like to sell, mine works going up and left but not down and right. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Try taking it apart and clean the internal contacts. A little rub with 600 grit paper will clean them up.

Try taking it apart and clean the internal contacts. A little rub with 600 grit paper will clean them up.
Ok, Ill try that, thanks!

Yea, contact cleaner works wonders. Don't forget to rock the switch while it still has fluid in it.

Sorry, I can't help with a replacement switch. Your switch can be made to work if you carefully take the switch apart to expose the contacts. Then clean the contacts. It is a touchy project to get it apart without scattering the contacts when it comes apart. The problem is that crud and corrosion gets inside the switch over time. I've salvaged numerous window switches this way.

Im looking to see if anyone has a mirror switch for a first gen they'd like to sell, mine works going up and left but not down and right. Thanks.
If you cant find one local, I may have a spare in the shed. I'll look this evening when I get home. If I do, it's yours! :D

Sorry, I can't help with a replacement switch. Your switch can be made to work if you carefully take the switch apart to expose the contacts. Then clean the contacts. It is a touchy project to get it apart without scattering the contacts when it comes apart. The problem is that crud and corrosion gets inside the switch over time. I've salvaged numerous window switches this way.
Yeah i took it completely apart and pulled out the contacts and cleaned everything in it and still nothing out of the right and down to my surprise.

Yes, sorry ive been fighting a master cylinder problem most of the week and forgot to let you know. It still only goes left and up 😂. So it must be a wiring issue which is strange because its consistent on both mirrors. I will have to look into it later because im putting new tires on her today.

Yeah thank you so much again! Let me know if you ever need it back.

Back