• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Issues with Ford Order Tracking

Ted K

Reaction score
City, State
Old Bethpage, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Ford Explorer Platin
Just ordered a 2017 Platinum Explorer in Magnetic with Ebony about two weeks ago. Dealer showed me the order sheet and his has the correct color combination, however, when I log into Ford Order Tracking, it does show the dealer, the date of order, etc. All the correct information. HOWEVER, the color code for the interior is off. It's showing Medium Soft Ceramic interior. Brought it to the dealer's attention, and he insists that it's wrong and that his internal tracking system is showing it correctly. Would hate to wait 10 weeks and have it come in wrong. Has anyone experienced anything similar? Is there anyone on the forum from Ford who can confirm for me that the order is correct and that the tracking software is wrong? It's order X999, dealer code F13082. TIA.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

thefranchise713

Reaction score
City, State
Buffalo, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'18 Toyota Prius Prime
If you PM me your vin, I can check OASIS. It wouldn't be the first Explorer that was improperly ordered by the dealer.

Ted K

Reaction score
City, State
Old Bethpage, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
If you PM me your vin, I can check OASIS. It wouldn't be the first Explorer that was improperly ordered by the dealer.

Okay, new to this forum, and admittedly having trouble figuring out how to PM you. Just started a conversation with you. Maybe that's it??

thefranchise713

Reaction score
City, State
Buffalo, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'18 Toyota Prius Prime
Yep, conversation is how to do it--you can edit out that VIN if you want from your public post.

thefranchise713

Reaction score
City, State
Buffalo, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'18 Toyota Prius Prime
OK, build data hasn't populated in OASIS yet. In this event, ask the Dealer for a copy of the order confirmation to verify, I believe it's called a 'DORA'.

Ted K

Reaction score
City, State
Old Bethpage, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
OK, build data hasn't populated in OASIS yet. In this event, ask the Dealer for a copy of the order confirmation to verify, I believe it's called a 'DORA'.
The dealer did email me a copy of the Vehicle Order Confirmation, as well as a PDF of the list of feature and color codes. It does all look correct? What is DORA? Could this be it??

thefranchise713

Reaction score
City, State
Buffalo, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'18 Toyota Prius Prime
Order confirmation was what I was looking for. Your Explorer is probably fine. I will verify it in OASIS when the date gets closer to build, but I have a feeling you're just fine and the COTUS site is wrong.

Ted K

Reaction score
City, State
Old Bethpage, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
Order confirmation was what I was looking for. Your Explorer is probably fine. I will verify it in OASIS when the date gets closer to build, but I have a feeling you're just fine and the COTUS site is wrong.
Thanks so much!! Appreciate it.

thefranchise713

Reaction score
City, State
Buffalo, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'18 Toyota Prius Prime
Not a problem. Start planning those post-purchase upgrades!

Ted K

Reaction score
City, State
Old Bethpage, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
Not a problem. Start planning those post-purchase upgrades!
Already in the works....some minor stuff like floor liners, license plate rims, stealth mount for V1 and a chrome cycling emblem.