It is Here: 2016 Explorer Platinum Red | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

It is Here: 2016 Explorer Platinum Red

jksztaylor

Reaction score
City, State
Fort Mill, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Platinum
What a wonderful gift from my husband. Loving the all black interior!

n2dgro.jpg

11i23px.jpg

sglwer.jpg

2nknga1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The Ebony Black interior is beautiful, isn't it? Congratulations! My wife loves hers, too :)

We went with the magnetic exterior and ceramic interior. We have dogs that shed

The Magnetic Metallic is beautiful. My wife wanted "sparkly" paint and this certainly is it!

could you take some more pictures of the interior with the seats? I've heard multiple dye transfer staining stories on the ceramic leather and put a hold on my build until monday to decide on going with the black leather or stay with the ceramic.

My wife's worry is that the black doesn't look as nice as the ceramic. Without being able to see the black in person, I've only been able to go off of pictures, and there were very few to go on that give you a good feel of what the seats look like.

Personally I'm leaning toward the black, I just need backup pictures to prove it!

The Ebony Black does look nice but I prefer the Ceramic for a more contrasting interior. Never had any dye transfer issues in my 2011 Limited which had the light stone leather.
I moved this thread to this sub forum from the IVT sub forum.

Peter

If there are seat problems ours is too new to say, I know my 2011 Lariat limited did not have dye issues, Her 2007 Escalade with the light cream interior did have problems

I had issues with Jean dye color getting on the stone color leather seats in my previous Ford Escape, so I did not want them in the Explorer. I have friends that have the lighter color leather as well and have not had any problems.

Very nice....Congrats...

Note:

I have the ceramic interior and have not noticed any seat issues...I too liked the contrasting color and wanted an interior that would be cooler in the summer.

I had issues with Jean dye color getting on the stone color leather seats in my previous Ford Escape, so I did not want them in the Explorer. I have friends that have the lighter color leather as well and have not had any problems.
The problem isn't with the seats but the jeans. As mentioned before, a member with cloth seats also had the discolouration issue.

Peter

Back