It sounds like my factory intake is sucking air through a vent | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

It sounds like my factory intake is sucking air through a vent

diesel_s

Reaction score
City, State
Buford, Ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 ST Limited
I bought my ST with 68k on it last summer. I noticed that every time I hit the gas it sounds as though the factory intake is trying to suck in air from the far right passenger air vent inside the vehicle. I don't know it could be a leak somewhere or if its normal...any suggestions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bump

I had exactly the same issue, solved by replacing the Motorcraft YG360 Vacuum Checking Switch. Super easy, $10.29 on Amazon.

21KV04JZS2L.jpg

I had exactly the same issue, solved by replacing the Motorcraft YG360 Vacuum Checking Switch. Super easy, $10.29 on Amazon.

21KV04JZS2L.jpg

Thank you so much! I'm going to locate it on my truck in a bit, already ordered the part

21KV04JZS2L.jpg

Amazon canceled the order, told me to double check the part number lol. You sure thats the exact part?

Change your vehicle to Explorer instead of Explorer Sport Trac and try it again.

It fits. Amazon vehicle compatibility is not always right...

Change your vehicle to Explorer instead of Explorer Sport Trac and try it again.

It fits. Amazon vehicle compatibility is not always right...

Awesome, thanks man

Back