It was a great 2.5 years with my Ex Sport..but time to move on | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

It was a great 2.5 years with my Ex Sport..but time to move on

pup5581

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'14 Explorer Sport
Thanks to all of you for answer questions and being a great group!

Purchased a 17 Wrangler Unlimited Smokey Mountain Edition. Picking it up Wednesday or Thursday. Will be sad to the see the Ex go. I will miss the 400+ HP I had with the tun but at 72K miles..things were starting to go wrong and I have always wanted a Wrangler. Got a great deal on my Ex to trade in so I made the move.

20645101_10209964587131289_5194019217934957297_o.jpg

20626134_10209964587931309_1834977850308848535_o.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That thing is like the length of 2 CJ's. Its crazy to see how far the wrangler has come. Good luck with the new ride.

That thing is like the length of 2 CJ's. Its crazy to see how far the wrangler has come. Good luck with the new ride.

Total length is 185 inches...The ex length is 197...so this will be a bit easier to street park (live in Boston) But no backup camera so I will just have to learn like the old days LOL

Nice to finally have stock HIDs...something The Wrangler never did until 2017

Looks nice. I have to be honest, Wranglers and Cherokees were on our list when we bought our Ex, but ultimately the lack of third row seating pushed us this direction (we vacation with my in-laws, they help us with our young boys.) One day when they're older and easier to manage maybe we'll end up getting into one.

Anyway, congrats on the new ride. :)

for some reason I always do a double take seeing an old Samurai over a Jeep, unless its an pre 80s or army version etc.... maybe CJ7s also. Getting a great deal on trade would be the deciding factor for me though

for some reason I always do a double take seeing an old Samurai over a Jeep, unless its an pre 80s or army version etc.... maybe CJ7s also. Getting a great deal on trade would be the deciding factor for me though

Yeah I got a really good trade for my Ex with 72K on it even for a '14

Back