• Register Today It's free!

It's Here and it's Early!

mctee

Reaction score
City, State
Vancouver
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Explorer Sport
Wow! That was quicker delivery than expected!

Dealer left me a message Thursday that '14 Ex Sport would likely arrive between 12/26 and 12/31.
Then called back approx an hr later saying it was on the lot! has a quick look - not PDI'ed on Thursday but paint and wheels looked good (more thorough check in better light).

Delivery on Saturday 12/21!

Next issue was winter tires as "early" delivery caught me unprepared.
Not much of anything left in western Canada.
So either a two week wait for Ford 18" steelies and a poor choice of tires or $2K+ for 20" snao tires (!).

After calling around all day, big BBY, BC west coastal Ford dealer has EVERYTHING in stock. Plus at smokin' pricing! Done!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow! That was quicker delivery than expected!

Dealer left me a message Thursday that '14 Ex Sport would likely arrive between 12/26 and 12/31.
Then called back approx an hr later saying it was on the lot! has a quick look - not PDI'ed on Thursday but paint and wheels looked good (more thorough check in better light).

Delivery on Saturday 12/21!

Next issue was winter tires as "early" delivery caught me unprepared.
Not much of anything left in western Canada.
So either a two week wait for Ford 18" steelies and a poor choice of tires or $2K+ for 20" snao tires (!).

After calling around all day, big BBY, BC west coastal Ford dealer has EVERYTHING in stock. Plus at smokin' pricing! Done!

Costco.ca has $110 off 4 Bridgestone Blizzaks I got all 4, installation, balance, and tax for $923

What wheels?

Interceptor Steel 18"

mctee....Where are the proud new photo's?

I've been driving too much! Almost 400km already.

Love it! Comfortable, great sound system, SYNC/MFT seems better/easier than all the forum noise suggests. We has some serious rain here past few days - stable and solid thru massive standing water.

Although I didn't buy it for the fuel economy, it does suck the gas in the city even tho driving it VERY easy...

I have my Whisbar roof x-bars on and my Thule Boxster.
just getting snow tires mounted right now.

Question: did you get the matching lug nuts and chrome covers for your Interceptor steel wheels or are you planning to use the stock lugs and no center caps?

Going to get the stubby lug nuts and center caps, looks much cleaner.

I was too until I priced them out today!
"Good guy" pricing on the lugs was $6 ea and the caps were $66 ea
$430 including GST!
Ouch!

I recall that most of this stuff was available on Ebay

Quick cell phone pix's

20131225_162200_resized_zpsbf9f14e7.jpg
[/URL]

20131225_162255_resized_zpsddc48659.jpg
[/URL]

20131225_162630_resized_zpsfba1fc4e.jpg
[/URL]

Mine arrived Thursday AM, will take delivery Monday.

Pics to follow

Great news! A long 3 (EXTRA) weeks, huh?

Back