It's that time again! Carlisle '07!! | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

It's that time again! Carlisle '07!!

sn0border you make me want to go over to leafs and Iz makes me want to go to air shocks......

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I wish I had a big enough screen to make a good side by side. Its funny how opposite these trucks are in terms of budget and design and how closely they performed. IZ still has me beaten by a hair, but not for long. :D

Burns, feel free to use whatever you want for the movie.

Attachments

• IZ Rock Pose.jpg
    IZ Rock Pose.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 1,598
  • Rock Pose 2.jpg
    Rock Pose 2.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 175

I've got it in raw DVD format.. Trying to decide if I wanna encode some music or not.. I may just mail em out without the music and just keep the nice commentary from the original :D

And upload a scaled down version of the vids! Maybe 320x240 or slightly larger

sn0border you make me want to go over to leafs and Iz makes me want to go to air shocks......
Dont go to airshocks! Its a disease, I itch every night and have problems sleeping.

Nice pics everyone, no major breakages?

I itch every night and have problems sleeping.

Iz, we don't want to hear about your STD's that you picked up from Spas :nono: :bsnicker:

Nice pics everyone, no major breakages?
No breakage or anything to report. Parli's Explorer was having a fuel pickup or whatever issue and kept dying every now and then -- so we ended up leave it in the Staging Area for the rest of the day. But other than that, no roll over, no windows broken, just scratches.

Iz, we don't want to hear about your STD's that you picked up from Spas :nono: :bsnicker:
Whoa there cowboy!

Dont go to airshocks! Its a disease, I itch every night and have problems sleeping.

So dont like them anymore or what?

I dont want leafs becasue i dont like the spring hangers down there. Just something else to break.

I will be grabbing the pictures out of here and lee(leebo) will want your video that you have.

So dont like them anymore or what?
Oh I like em. But they need to be maintained .. probably more so than coil overs.

Well what is involved in the maintance.

Im looking for a new axle now so i can have a link bar system. Cant cut off my cast wedges...:thumbdwn:

Well what is involved in the maintance.
I dont want this thread to turn out to be an airshock discussion thread (you're more than welcomed to post questions in my SAS thread). But really quick, they need the proper amount of oil volume and this is dependant on the type of trail you run. In the last run, I had waaay too much oil volume in the shocks:

attachment.php

In the image above, the passenger's side shock is not fully compressed because of too much oil volume. I've compared last weekend's trip pics to other pics of my Explorer and I definitely need to put less oil in.

To get the proper amount of shock oil in there, you need to purge all the oil out to ensure proper volume measurement. Unfortunately, I have OCD when it comes to these things and I prefer to remove the shock from the vehicle and do a complete tear-down.

And for anyone who wasnt there last weekend, I also have OCD when it comes to mud :(

If you break your spring hangers your doing something wrong.

My approach angle isnt the best, but its all built stupid strong so I can just ram it till I get over it.

And for anyone who wasnt there last weekend, I also have OCD when it comes to mud :(

He does have an OCD for mud.. I was hoping someone would romp on the gas pedal while in one of those little ponds we crossed with you behind them.. :D :D

He does have an OCD for mud.. I was hoping someone would romp on the gas pedal while in one of those little ponds we crossed with you behind them.. :D :D
Well then I gotta thank sn0wboarder88 for not doing that :D

here's a little teaser.. http://www.superiorpcmd.com/RC0607/teaser.avi (48 MB)
I believe a MPEG-4 Codec is required for it.

There is a full length (50 minute) dvd currently being converted from the mini-dv.. I need everyone's mailing address who wants one..

There is a full length (50 minute) dvd currently being converted from the mini-dv.. I need everyone's mailing address who wants one..
I'll take one copy at the next M&G :D.

You know what, at the next M&G (a week from today), we should ask them if they can sit us near a TV and we can all watch the video while we eat and throw food at each other :D

I haven't had the chance to post until now (and I'm sneaking in internet time even now since we're so busy :p: ). This was definitely the saddest Carlisle I've ever been to in terms of turnout, but those of us who actually made the effort to show up had a blast as always. We did everything from wandering the fairgrounds, watching dozens of Mach 1's do burn outs, crazy pool shenanigans in the dark (damn power outages, lol) to tearing up Rausch Creek all day. Draper, we're definitely staying with you Stangers in your hotle next year.. especially after the incident with the bad booking at the Super 8 that we got :fire: Congrats on 2nd place, btw!!

Ben, thank you for helping me get my trucks up there and back despite the lousy weather on the way home (yay Red Bull!) and thanks for the EF shirt. Parli, thank you for the Hi-Lift isolator.. once I get my jack back from Micah I fully intend to use it! Jake, excellent spotting all weekend- there's hardly any scratches on Morgan's new paint :D Iz, always a pleasure (and a scare, sometimes).

Here's the link to my pictures- the quality is a bit below par, but that's because my camera died and I had to use my phone.

http://www.explorerforum.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=3628&ppuser=

Hey Spas, can you please get the videos you have to either Ben or Leebo? Leebo's trying to compile a video.

Hey Spas, can you please get the videos you have to either Ben or Leebo? Leebo's trying to compile a video.

I will try, Iz.. you know those videos I took were with my dinky 2.0 megapixel phone camera, right? If you try to size them any larger than tiny, they distort pretty badly.

Btw, Parli finally got home around 3pm yesterday: Turns out he had a loose coil in his coil pack :confused:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Lindsy.. I shall be up in your area sometime today.. I need to do a job up in Fallston and deliver that spare key of Morgan and the dvd.. Maybe I won't :D

Back