Its that time. Im getting some paint. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Its that time. Im getting some paint.

Well i have been fixing some things lately and it is time for new paint. Its something we are going to do at the house. My dad used to paint for a while and is a all around mech. Its time.

Here is the deal. It has been primer for a year. I sanded it down a few weeks ago for new primer and i have decided to paint the explorer with some color this time. Not gonna spend a lot of money on it. No clear coat or anything. Im not fixing the dents because the min i do and get it all painted i will lay it over on a tree again and have a worse looking spot. From the trim on the doors down are staying black. They will be getting bed liner here in a few weeks. Im also going to do two black stripes down the center of the hood and roof section to do something different. I know someone has a green and white striped explorer so i like it.

This is the prob. I have been wanting orange but im not so sure. Im creating this thread to see what others think. I want the options. I know what i think i would want but i would like to see what others think to.

Here are some current pics.

100_2588.jpg

rear-end-down-again.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Red or Smurf Blue. :cool:

Attachments

• red.jpg
    red.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 1,310
  • smurf.jpg
    smurf.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 1,273
  • orange.jpg
    orange.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 1,270

you all know my answer!!!! Jurrasic Park baby!:D

jurassic%20park%20explorer.jpg

Once I get a garage, I'm doing the JP paint job, I tried and tried to get Jefe to do it:rolleyes: So maybe after the kid is here I'll start...It's not like I'll have time to wheel it.:(

I want to do jp theam but i think that would take a lot of work.

Thanks section i have a few ideas now.

I vote for that pepto-bismol-like orange!

:yelexp:

Attachments

• BurnsPurple.jpg
    BurnsPurple.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 1,187
  • BurnsRed.jpg
    BurnsRed.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 1,197
  • BurnsOrange.jpg
    BurnsOrange.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 1,226
  • BurnsGreen.jpg
    BurnsGreen.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 1,399

i like the Jp roof bubble thingy.

Canary yellow with a black racing strip.

Silver/Black

I say army tank colored green. Flat, camo green.

Like this

URBAN1.jpg

URBAN.jpg

AH FROADER The green might just be a winner... ha ha lol

I think its between those two for sure. Im still playing with the state trooper psint job. Tan and black. There are two in my area. My dad is stopping by there office today to see if it is ok to do.

Join that smurf blue color with some orange...ive always really liked this paint scheme for some reason.

Here is the photo --->
ford_gt40-a.jpg

Here is an idea when you can't make up your mind...

Attachments

• BurnsBow.jpg
    BurnsBow.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 1,112

bright purple is sharp looking, red is my sec fav

or paint it like the old ford baja race trucks:cool:

rideheight_150.jpg

call it the barny mobile

one vote for purple with the blk stripe close 2nd green with stripe :salute: :popcorn:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you got quite a bit of time you should do that $50 paint job that's on the net. Supposedly its just 7 coats of rustoleum thinned with mineral spirits rolled on with a fine roller, wet sanded smooth after every 2 coats, then polished. Some guy on the net did it with his charger and the color almost exactly the same ("charger orange") and looks like a clear coat finish. I guess because it's enamel based it's very resistant against scratches as well. There's a thread somewhere on here that talks about it...

Back