I've added factory cruise control to a 1994 extended Aerostar. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I've added factory cruise control to a 1994 extended Aerostar.

Jobie

Reaction score
City, State
Rancho Cordova California
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Ford Aerostar Cargo
Hi I am new to the forums here...
I have an 1994 Aerostar cargo, (long version) and noticed wiring for cruise already there...I went to the wreaking yard and bought cruise control parts from the same year passenger model, and all that I bought plugged right into the harness...but think I am missing something...Possibly what is called an "amplifier" Where is this located??? Does anyone here have a list of all the parts to the factory cruise controls???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to this forum! A schematic diagram would be the best way to start. Both schematics were taken from Ford software.

Attachments

• Speed control # 1..JPG
    Speed control # 1..JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 1,067
  • Speed control # 2..JPG
    Speed control # 2..JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 656

Thanks you for this info...I wasn't completely sure if I had gotten all I needed...This helps a :notworthylot!

another question?

Is this "amplifier" the same as the "control module"???

Funny stuff

went to check out behind the glove box before heading out to the wreaking yard...

Attachments

• 2012-08-17_13-05-09_530.jpg
    2012-08-17_13-05-09_530.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 677

But soon realized after taking it off...

So I'm off to get a "real" one...lol

Attachments

• 2012-08-17_13-05-42_265.jpg
    2012-08-17_13-05-42_265.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 684

Done!

Works like it should! I bought a module and decided to ditch the standard steering column for a tilt for an extra $42.00...Adding the cruise control parts cost $35.00 using donor parts...Not bad...

Getting the itch to add power windows and locks...but I guess that for another thread...There are several Aerostars in the many Pick and Pulls here in Sacramento...

Back