I've been violated! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I've been violated!

I've been working on my car all night fixing brakes and other stuff. I finally got around to fixing my foglight that was pointed wrong and when I went to see why my driving lights weren't coming on, I noticed that I don't have driving lights anymore. Last night, in my own stupid driveway, someone came and took them. Time to upgrade the ex-Explorer ProComps to maybe a new set of PIAAs. This sucks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am always afraid that is going to happen to me. I take off my expensive lights and replace them with cheapos for driving around town. I made the wires quick disconnects so it is easier to replace. I hope you can find the person that took them.

Re: dang

Originally posted by JGSTEWART8
im sure glad I dont live wherever ya'll live.. if anyone took something off my car here in SC they would have hell to pay.. but where i am that never happenes

Ditto Dead Link Removed

Ancient Chinese secret grasshoppa!

I have seen light locks somewhere. It's sort of like a wheel lock, but smaller. Try to search that on the net.

I keep light locks on all my lights. If I had cheaper lights I probably wouldn't worry about it so much, but these lights are pricy, so I try to do what I can to keep em from getting stolen. And I'm not stupid... if someone REALLY wants my lights, they will get them. They could find or make keys for these light locks and steal all they want. What they are designed for is the 16-year old punk who decides he wants some cool lights on his beater, but can't afford em so he'll just go over to your house in the middle of the night with a wrench and some wire cutters, and take em home! Just like an alarm, it won't prevent the pro's or they people that really want your stuff bad... but it'll prevent the average thug from stealing your stuff.

this stealing stuff aint no good, had my blackout taillight covers stolen monday. i just bought my fifth set now..... however i do have a trick on my hellas, i have so many adapter plates and bolts, it would take an hour to get them off, way too long a time for the petty thief. i dont even think i can get them off now......

PIAA makes an anti-theft device for auxilliary lighting. Here is the info from their website:
Protect your investment with PIAA's A.T.D. (Anti Theft Device). The A.T.D. works in conjunction with an existing automotive alarm system. In the event of an attempted theft, the automotive alarm is triggered. This type of anti theft device protects adhesive mounted lamps as well as lamps with a 10mm stud.
A.T.D. (Anti Theft Device) PN 85100

http://www.piaa.com

Back