• Register Today It's free!

Jacobs versus Splitfire....

SeanM

Reaction score
City, State
Annapolis, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 XLT 4.0L OHV 4WD 4dr
I have Splitfire wires on my truck....However, I am wondering if they are better than Jacobs....Anybody have any specs on the Jacobs wires as compared to Splitfire wires? Would it really make that much difference by going with the better of the two(if there is one)? I do want maximum sparkage and mileage, so help me out if ya can. I just basically want to know which is better....Thanks guys :)

Sean
Bosch 4+ Platinum plugs
Splitfire ignition wires

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Both are fine products. I use the Jacobs wires and have been very pleased with them. Plus they have a lifetime warranty they stand behind. I had 2 of the wires replaced at no charge because they apparently weren't installed correctly on the "distributor" (or power pack) and the metal inside the boot had worn away.

I originally had the Spitfire plug wires on my truck and switched to the Jacobs wires. I did not feel any difference in power, driveability or gas mileage. To me, they are pretty much the same wire and I think the Spitfires cost cheaper, plus they offer a $20 rebate very often. And both have lifetime warranties.

Hey AgExplorer...Do you like your PIAA Headlight bulbs? I'm going to pick up mine tomorrow...They just came in....Are they blue at all? Brighter?

I like my splitfires. The dealer warranty seems real good too. I messed up my set of plugs pretty bad. They were all carbon fouled in like a day. :) Running too rich.. no 02s and all that... anyways... I just plopped em down on the counter and they handed me new plugs. Cant beat that! Im gunna be gettin new plugs every week now! haha.

nick

Back