james duff 2.5" lift | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

james duff 2.5" lift

pudge11

Reaction score
all i want to know is how much is the james duff 2.5 inch lift and where can i get it?? also what componets is it composed of...is it just a cheap shackle lift or what??

------------------
pudge11
94 eddie bauer 4.0
surco roof rack 4 hellas
genuine steel brush guard to pro comp 130's
30x10.50 super swampers flowmaster exhaust k&n filtercharger

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If the above url isn't enough reading.. check out http://mark.legendz.com/install/duff-install.html

I like the duff lift.. the only thing I didn't like was the instructions.. You will need a grinder to get off the axle pivot bracket and possibly the radius arm bracket (unless it has had the rivots changed to bolts). The only part I think I needed to buy was the new brake lines.. I also added the warrior products shackles to give me some more lift in the rear since my stock springs have over 180k miles on them.. and an add-a-leaf can only do so much.

------------------
Mark
mark@legendz.com
http://mark.legendz.com
Off-Road and Motorcycle Information, Pictures and Movies
Click Dead Link Removed to see our Explorer Specs

Pudge,
hey i sent a E-mail to JD about the same ? you are asking here is what they sent back.

"The kit is system 9 (part #5029) and is priced at $409. This comes
complete with shocks, add-a-leaf, coils, lift leaf shackles and all the
necessary drop brackets.

Thank you for your interest in James Duff Enterprises. We look forward to
doing business with you."

Sincerely,

Jim Cole
Product Manager

400 bucks seems a little steep for a little lift. the 5.5 trailmaster is only about 650 or so. is the lift actually 2.5" or does it sag to about 2"?? also what size tires are all you running under the lift? thanks for your responses

------------------
pudge11
94 eddie bauer 4.0
surco roof rack 4 hellas
genuine steel brush guard two pro comp 130's
rancho rs5000's
kenwood 10 disc changer 3 rockford fosgate 12" woofers

That does not include all the options for the 5.5" lift. Try at least $1500+ or somewhere in that neighborhood to get everything you need. The James Duff lift is a good quality one for fitting some 32's under the truck. The 5.5 will only fit 33's. Both kits are very good kits from what I have seen.

------------------
Ryan Penner
1992 Explorer Sport Modified

Ryan is right. Remember with the Superlift 5.5 you still have to by extended brake lines and shocks. And the $600 version does not include extended radius arms. With the Duff lift you will get the shocks and the factory brake lines will still work. The front is a true 2.5", howeverthe rear will sag slightly with time.

james duff lift lists radius arm drop brackets, front coils,spacers, etc. they make no mention of axle pivot drop brackets. please tell me it was an oversight and that the kit does come with pivot drops! the picture shows two sets of brackets? any ideas? Dead Link Removed

------------------
SCOTTC
93XLT 4X4 4DR.
bosch plat.4s
jacob wires
k&n kit
mod. airbox.
skid plate
maxflow exhaust
more to come!;)

The Duff kit is a very good quality lift kit. So far I have been very impressed with it. I even bought mine used. Anyway, the kit comes with all the drop brackets and axle pivot brackets. They now offer extended radius arms for Explorer for less than $300. Not too bad.

------------------
Brett Grooms
94 Explorer Sport

I have a James Duff lift on my 1992 Ford Explorer and I love the changes it has made to my ride! The lift is a true 2.5 or more but my rear with the add-a-leaf is a little lower than the front. The only tuff part of the lift is getting the rivets out and after that most everything is a breeze. To supliment the James Duff instructions I used the suggestions posted on this web site under Explorer Tips. By the way my lift came with rear add-a-leafs and new rear shackles. Good luck! One last word if you have any questions call James Duff I have been very happy with their experience and help.

------------------

Cdubya

thanks for all of your responses. sounds like the lift kit is pretty good.

------------------
pudge11
94 eddie bauer 4.0
surco roof rack 4 hellas
genuine steel brush guard two pro comp 130's
rancho rs5000's
kenwood 10 disc changer 3 rockford fosgate 12" woofers

Back