James Duff new suspension components | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

James Duff new suspension components

410Fortune

Truck Season!!
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 "Slightly" Modified
Callsign
FOURTEN
Looks like James Duff is trying to get some more competition in the TTB lift market again.

They have new redesigned heim jointed radius arms
transmission crossmember

New long travel shocks

and a whole new coil bucket and dual shock mount

Fo r the most part their old stuff wasn't bad, but it did lack something to be desired. Their radius arms were hard to clear with big tires, the fit of their dual shock hoop was questionable, etc etc.
Nothing that other manufacturers dont have the same problems with.

Has anyone tried any of hte new products?

The radius arms are cheaper then the Camburg version. They look to be much shorter then the old arms, the Ford frame was designed for arms in this spot and the heim's help make up for the added flex longer arms gain.

Just wondering if there is any feedback out their on the new products yet :)

I like them, very impressive and I'm glad to see more products for Ex's.

I am thinking about getting the coil bucket and shock mounts for my 93 with 2" of lift. Good price.

What is the price for those?

AutoFab makes some simpe coil buckets as well.
I am sure lots of people do!
What I want is one I can mount on the frame at whatever height I choose (8" coil with 6" lift) and also hasd the old style ford coil retainer built into the middle.

If you get these suckers take some pictures!

I am looking at the radius arms :) If they are stout enough they would allow the use of the stock tranny X member again (the Skyjacker hangs low), flex just as well if not better, and provide more clearance behind the TTB.

They fit the frame better as well, similar to the Camburg arms...Not as long as the Superlift or Skyjackers....

As I recall they are 175. What is cool about them is that they bolt into the same holes where the rivets were.

Back