James Duff Stainless braided brake hoses for 6" lift are these the proper ones? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

James Duff Stainless braided brake hoses for 6" lift are these the proper ones?

mechjames

Reaction score
City, State
Richmond, BC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer XLT
James duff is closed today so I'm asking for feedback for others who have done the James Duff Stage 3.

The bag says "Z3932 SS Hose (3) LINES BRONCO"
I've attached pictures. They don't look like the ones on their website.

Stock brake line caliper ends are squared so they line up with the mount tab on the caliper, and these brake lines just have the ring for the banjo bolt.
Also stock brake lines where they hook up at the coil bucket aren't totally round, they have a flat edge at the coil bucket. Even on the james duff coil bucket design, it has the flat edge too, but these brake lines are fully rounded, they don't appear to be the right size as they sit loose in the coil bucket.

Even on their installation instructions (https://www.dufftuff.com/v/vspfiles/downloadables/3932.pdf) it still shows a boxed end on the caliper with the braided line. Also the dufftuff.com page (http://www.dufftuff.com/Stainless_Steel_Brake_Hoses_BII_Ranger_Explorer_p/3932.htm) shows lines that are different then the ones that I got with the kit.

Anyone who has done this lift recently what brake lines did you receive? I wonder if they ran out of the proper style and switched over to these? They might work?

Attachments

• IMG_20141228_151422.jpg
    IMG_20141228_151422.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_20141228_151447.jpg
    IMG_20141228_151447.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 222

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The caliper ends are the same as the ones I got from Earl's Plumbing, which I think makes most of the lines for suspension companies, they work and seal fine. The coil bucket ends on yours look the same too. Just to be sure though test fit them. Thread the same? Will they lock in place with the hardware? If so, run it.

Well that's the first I heard of that. Maybe this is all that's going to be available soon. Procomp/Skyjacker etc still sell the stock style longer replacement braided lines, but who knows when they run out

How long ago did you get your lines from earls? Do you know the part number?

I decided to order in some procomp 7305's to see what they look like. They look like the proper hose ends, and instead of a clip at the coil bucket, you put a nut on it and tighten it down. It also comes with heatshrink preinstalled to wherever you anchor it down so the hose doesn't chafe.

If anyone wants a set of James Duff stainless brake hoses they are up for sale

Back