Janet Jacksons Boob | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Janet Jacksons Boob

I dunno, been watching CBS for the past 20 or so minutes, and they claim it was all a mistake. CBS & MTV claim for the past rehearsals over the last week, nothing of that sort has happened. CBS also claims they're getting mass complaints about it, and have given out their condolences to those who were offended.

Wait for the news tomorrow, and CNN.com and those sorts, it will be there in no time.

Here's a video of the uh.. yeah: http://www.slinky.ca/sp-janet-jackson-superbowl.avi

(Please remove the above if not appropiate)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

OMG!!! an accident?

to reply to that any farther would be an insult to me, and the rest of the world

I didn't watch the show at all (dang it!) but what was that guy trying to do if it was an accident?

We'll never know for sure, but the reasons I think the whole "accident" excuse is bull include:

1) Timberlake's line before he reached over and grabbed her costume: ""I'll get you naked by the end of this song." Also a performer would be very unlikely to grab another performer's costume unless it had been rehearsed, with wireless mic/monitor considerations and whatnot. So, coincidence? Uh huh...no.

2) Ms. Jackson ('cause I'm nasty ;)) was wearing the nipple ring/covering - why would she do so otherwise - would've made her costume change that much more difficult.

3) Her reaction wasn't one of shock - she was playing it up. If anyone looked "somewhat" surprised it was Timberlake.

4) MTV, on their web site, promised "shocking moments" during the show. http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1484644/20040128/jackson_janet.jhtml?headlines=true

Now I don't doubt that the NFL, CBS and perhaps the show's director may have been left in the dark, but otherwise I think it was entirely planned in the hope it would get as much publicity as the Britney/Madonna/Christina kiss. And it will - but I don't know they counted on it being negative...

Also, on CBS news, they said there was a streaker b4 the second half, but that it never made it to TV... i know that has nothign to do with Janet, but jsut thought i would tell yall....

I wonder how much "delay" took place between the real game and what was shown on TV. I would find it hard to believe, in this day and age, that something like the SuperBowl is actually broadcasted in true realtime. I would think a little time is left for such mishaps.

Depends on the network and its policies. I'm guessing the NFL broadcasts are only delayed 5-10 seconds because "bad things" rarely happen (players are fined for using profanity). That being the case, having been in a live truck a few times during a live production, that's nowhere near enough time to catch and implement some form of censorship if it's not remotely expected. The director and crew are much more worried about getting their shots and timing the show.

Here's an article about what Fox is considering: http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/16655.htm

Originally posted by mmpc
Depends on the network and its policies. I'm guessing the NFL broadcasts are only delayed 5-10 seconds
That is why I wonder. The whole thing lasted only a few seconds on TV. I just wonder if the whole episode lasted longer, and that was all they could delete in the delay time.................or if nothing was actually censored at all.

Here is the unedited version for your viewing pleasure.

Oh....it took a minute to realize that wasn't Justin's face.

I agree with all that's been said already....though I liked it...who would think of doing something like that at the SuperBowl? It definately is a different audience watching than at some of the other performances.

Oh....it took a minute to realize that wasn't Justin's face.

Realize what? Is there something else I should be looking at? ;)

Friend gave me this link

2004218415495203359428.jpg

I was watching the game with my students at our church... we had considered not showing the halftime show bc of fear of content... not necessarily that the kids wouldnt watch it if they were home, but just out position as "making it avalable". But we decided to show it... it is after all part of the super bowl. Things were edgy, but fine, until that... and amazingly... the kids who did see it, came up to us, and said, "can you believe that... its so trashy" I LOVE MY KIDS! lol... This launched them into their own discussion of appropriate clothing/body motion/dancing stuff. It was interesting to hear their opinions and views (which were decently modest). Im proud to say it is possible to still be cool and trendy and not be consumed or "sold out" to the "sex sells" menatily.
--Bryan

... and if Americans were not so uptight, it wouldn't have either been that big a deal or done anyhow. Ooh ahh :eek:

Sometimes I wish we'd take a lesson from other countries... and why I choose to vacation elsewhere. heh I love the USA but jesus... we need to get over this whole "sex is evil, nudity is evil, drinking is evil" and do some catching up in the world. So advanced, yet so behind sometimes... but that's just one opinion, or is it? ;)

Originally posted by sunbum
Sometimes I wish we'd take a lesson from other countries... and why I choose to vacation elsewhere. heh I love the USA but jesus... we need to get over this whole "sex is evil, nudity is evil, drinking is evil" and do some catching up in the world.
Yeah, we clearly need to do some "catching up" with countries like France and England. Their values are so much better placed than ours. :rolleyes:

As for the "evil" angle, I didn't hear anyone say it was such; but there's a time and a place for everything. I mean, heck, why not just have Janet and Justin rip off all their clothes, drop down on the stage and start going at it like animals? Surely if anyone thinks that would be offensive, they should just lighten up...

That half-time show was the worst ever. Did anybody besides Justin do a song that was less than 3 years old? Kid rock did a song from three albums ago! They advertised all these stars and they were on so briefly it was a joke. Jessica Simpson said ONE friggin' line and didn't even sing. P Diddy did an MC Hammer routine. And the Janet Jackson thing was SOOOO planned. There is no way that Justin could have pulled off one of the cups of a latex/leather corset unless it was rigged to happen. Besides she was wearing a pastie. What a bunch of losers. I would have rather watched a test pattern for the half-time show. Couldn't they just play ONE song all the way through?

heck, why not just have Janet and Justin rip off all their clothes, drop down on the stage and start going at it like animals? Surely if anyone thinks that would be offensive, they should just lighten up...

Hmmm I bet that would have got a lot more publicity, maybe next year:D

Yeah, we clearly need to do some "catching up" with countries like France and England. :rolleyes:
...going at it like animals? Surely if anyone thinks that would be offensive, they should just lighten up...

Nice one Chris. :)

Before the show even started, I was thinking of the washed up angle. Justin and Janet are washed up which makes them perfect for the half time show. The whole "oops 100 million people saw my pasty" thing just put a big, ugly exclaimation point on it.

As soon as I saw the MTV logo on the screen, before the show, I knew I wasn't going to like it. The whole show was tastless and base, IMHO. I HATE that Nellie song. The lyrics are strait out of a 13-year-old's wet dream. It's pathetic on MTV. It's beyond redemption on CBS. P-Dummy's song had several cuss words "removed". And, from what I could see, I'm fairly sure all of them where lip-synching.

In short, the 1/2 time show sucked. The commercials sucked. For once in my life, best thing about the super bowl was the football game!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can someone PM-me link to the klip from last night Super Bowl..? Thanks guys..!! :cool:

Back