Jason_25's '95 Explorer Expedition | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Jason_25's '95 Explorer Expedition

Jason's Explorer Expedition *Large Pics*

My Truck

My name is Jason and this is my Explorer "Expedition".

It has served me well for the past one and a half years and I plan to keep it possibly throughout college.

Options
  • 4.0L OHV V6
  • 4R55E 4-speed auto tranny
  • 3.73 LS
  • Control Trac 4x4
  • Leather
  • CD
  • 945a package
  • Skid plates
  • 16" 3-spoke chrome wheels with 255/70/16 Tires
  • "Expedition" Trim with Nerf Bars and Fender Flares
Modifications

• Removal of running boards, front and rear anti-sway bars, and fog light valence
  • Console Swap to 2001 Style
  • Removed Airbox
  • Extended Shackles
  • B code torsion bars
  • Powertrax no-slip locker
  • 265/75/16 BFG AT KOs
  • Lots of squeak protection
  • Monroe Reflex Shocks
  • Front Tow Hooks
  • Hella 500 Series Lights
  • 4 Door Model Leafs
  • Extended Breather Tubes

Future Modifications
  • Snorkel
  • 4.56 gears, and a full carrier replacement locker
  • Rear Diff guard
  • Manual t-case
  • Custom exhaust
  • Rear Tire Carrier
  • Rocksliders
  • Superlift Suspension lift w/spring over
  • Solid axle swap! (EB D44, 4.56, diff guard, leaf springs, locker)

All in all, this has been a wonderful truck, and a testament to Ford Toughness.

Questions and comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Finally upated, hope ya like it!

Thats pretty nice, How did you do those shackles?? I am looking for a less expensive way to have shackles rather than buying them. Thanks
Gary

I just bought some shackles from autozone. They are the same amount of lift as the warriors. However, I don't recommend them as they induce alot of body roll because they don't have a center section as the warriors do. I'm having a set custom fabbed right now that will be stronger than the warriors for around $30.

Curtis- Yes and Yes

dumb question... does it say "expedition" right next to "explorer" on the rear badging?

Yep it sure does.

I saw you wanted to switch to a manual T-case...

Are you suggesting you want to disable Control Trac? (as in have 2H 4H and 4L?)

If so, I read somewhere that if you add a switch inbetween the brown wire running to your t-case, you can turn on and off control trac on the fly. You may want to research that as a temporary solution if you want to have it for now while you wait to get a better t-case.

I dunno, if you do it tell me how it goes... apparently people like it! (Plus control trac gets really annoying when you are trying to do doughnuts!)

--Nate

I have already done that mod with success.

The reason I want to swap is because the 1354 is stronger than the control trac 4405. Also, I don't want to trust a computer to shift the 4x4 for me when I'm in the mud.

Well since you already did it... can you provide me with some pics of what you did, and or intructions or information on how you did it? I was looking and found a bownish purple wire, and a brown-white wire, but I'm yet to be sure of the wire I'm looking to but a switch inline, so I don't wanna do anything yet.

oops posted in wrong thread sorry!

Back