Jaws IS solid!! (56k warning) | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Jaws IS solid!! (56k warning)

It's the moment you've all been waiting for. It's not totally done all the way, but we just have minor things to do. What's left is: Rear brakes, attach front driveshaft, move the axle forward maybe 1-2", more welding, put Cory's steering on, then shocks. This should take less than a day to do.

'76 EB D44
'76 EB 9"
35/12.50R15 BFG MT's
15x10 Rockcrawlers
Coils from James Duff
James duff extended radius arms
Front and rear ARB's
4.56 gearing
RS9000X shocks
steering from CoryL

sas-total_0093-A.jpg

sas-total_0090-A.jpg

sas-total_0101-A.jpg

sas-total_0095-A.jpg

sas-total_0096-A.jpg

sas-total_0089-A.jpg

Here are the new coils. They worked perfectly.
sas-total_0099-A.jpg

sas-total_0100-A.jpg

I'll have more pics as the rest of everything gets together. I'll paint everything later too.

Here are previous pics of the build up:
SAS-back05.jpg

SAS-back02.jpg

SAS-back01.jpg

SAS-back03.jpg

SAS-back04.jpg

My old axle...
SAS-front_0069-A.jpg

My new axle...
SAS-front_0065-A.jpg

SAS-front_0063-A.jpg

My air suspension...
SAS-front_0064-A.jpg

Fitting it under...
SAS-front_0062-A.jpg

SAS-front_0061-A.jpg

My old coils
SAS-front_0060-A.jpg

SAS-front_0059-A.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by AlaskanJack
Taxxman is your pin removed on your wristed arm in those pics? I can't tell for sure but it looks like the wristed portion is sticking down under the axle.
Why would he ramp his rig with the pin in? :confused:

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

lol

ya it is out. Actually has been out since that picture;)

Affects breaking on the road, but she doesn't see much of that anyways.

Kurt,
What the crap is this?
Wierd X

what does it look like man?? Those are premium quality fender flares, gotta be road league to get there probably ehehee

Originally posted by Kirby N.
Kurt,
What the crap is this?
Wierd X

Ya you like those huh?! Tires for fender flares! That is my landlady's brothers Ex. I think he is a little nuts. He doesn't use the internet and all the ideas he comes up with are out of his head or something he's seen. He has a real scary solid axle under the front of that thing a D30 I believe.

Originally posted by james t
ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!! :D

Glad I could help you add a little joy to your life!

damn!! I went out and bought flares. why didnt i think of that :mad:

:D

any updates ahjaws?

would love to see maiden 4x4 voyage pics:D

nice work!

Your truck looks great man. You should be proud.

I say removed those shocks and go have fun on some stairs again. hehehehe

Ahhjaws' EB Extended radius arm setup

Hey, after some have inquired as to how I did my EB James Duff extended radius arm setup on my SAS, I thought I would put up some pics. The obvious problem is that the frame of the EB is not as wide as the Explorer's. So we fabbed up a bar that goes across my fram and connectes the ends of the radius arms. We drilled through the arm mounts so they would slide over around the bar. Then welded everything together. The bar is removable if needed.

radarm01.jpg

radarm02.jpg

radarm03.jpg

looks nice. hows it handle down the road?

very nice, as ive told ya b4, i love your truck..... you might wanna paint that so it doesnt rust all the way through eventually.:D .

maybe you could paint it that blue you foudn so it would look liek a james duff thing

PEACE

Oh it handles great! I was very impressed with it so far. And thats a good idea painting it, I still have some blue left from my steering.:D

I need ideas!

I like what you've done. I'd like to add heims to the ends of my '79 Bronco RAs but the studs are so small in diameter they would certainly shear off. I'm not familiar with the stock JD radius arms. How did you attach heims to them?

Back