Jay is back?

BlueDogBandit

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Miles City, Montana
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 & 93 XLT 4x4 Explorers
Hey everyone, sorry I haven't posted lately, but I just wanted to report this. I ran in Jeremy Schemick today, and he said that he got his explorer back together last night. I think that it's been apart over a year, maybe almost two. We just talked briefly, and he was driving a lifted Jeep when I saw him, but it's great if it's true. I will be moving to Montana in early October, so hopefully I'll get to do my fairwell run at T-Haven in late September with Jay. Hope everyone is doing well, see you on the trail!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

RangerX

Elite Ranger
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Omao, Kauai
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Ranger XLT 4X4
BlueDogBandit is back? And where the hell have YOU been???? If you guys are planning a T-haven trip, ya better let ME know!

Isn't Jay moving to Minnesota this month?

BlueDogBandit

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Miles City, Montana
Year, Model & Trim Level
So sorry that I haven't been around, but me and the wife are expecting again (our third boy) and she quit her job. Without the extra money, I don't have Explorer repair money, so I've been trying to stay off the page to curve my addiction. I come in from time to time, but get off when she comes in the room. I'll give Jay a call today, you may be right about him moving....I'll find out for sure, maybe we'll have to do a run sooner.

BlueDogBandit

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Miles City, Montana
Year, Model & Trim Level
I finally caught up to Jay again today, and he is leaving So Cal on monday. He is moving back to Minnesota. He said that he would be making a bunch of the runs over the next year, now that he's got his explorer back together. He talked about the colors run.

JAY

Reaction score
City, State
Plano, Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Sport
It's true

Yes it is true, the Explorer is finally back togeather! It has been over 15 months since I broke it last may in Moab and is was garaged for just over a year! The sad thing is money was never the reason it took so long. The good thing is that over the year I was able to do a lot of little things to it (like 8" coils, we'll see how well they actually work).

Yes I am moving to Minnesota an Monday. I do plan on doing a lot of different runs to make up for the lost time though. The colors run will definately be one of them.

Just for the record, the Jeep wasn't mine... I swear!

It is good to be back.

Ray Lobato

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Honda Accord
Jay,
Good to hear from you. Glad you finally got the truck back together. Don't forget Moab next year. I only have enough time off from the new job for one trip, and it's gonna be Moab. Would love to run with you again.:D