jba headers in sohc install | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! Once registered you can join the Elite Explorers to eliminate ads from the website.

jba headers in sohc install

rileyrs

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 ranger
anyone istalled jba headers onto their sohc?
i just got a set for the ranger.
i know ppl say they dont do much, but they were used on ebay, and i got em for $90, so i couldnt pass it up, pretty good shape too.

i know i can manage the install, im just wondering if there is anything that i should know about that might get in the way or make it take longer, or will a weekend of working at a reasonable pace get it done?
i just dont wanna start the install then halfway through realize i wont be done by when i need the truck on monday.

so if anyone has put these on their sohc any info would be great, thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

celly

disturber of the peace
Reaction score
City, State
calgary
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 eb 5.0 awd
General concensus is that the 2nd gen SOHC flows just fine with stock manifolds. Headers are overkill and won't bring much in the way of gains. For $90 you can't complain, but you probably won't find much info because most people don't bother with the mod.

rileyrs

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 ranger
thanks ill send him a message now.
i figured there wouldnt be much on it since no body has them, but ya for the price... i just had to try them.
anyway, anyone maybe replaced the manifolds on the sohc, i just wanna get an idea of generally how long its gonna take me, and if there are any big things i should know about that might get in the way,

Elessar65

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wichita, Ks
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport
I'm not too familiar with the ranger, but if thats what they are for the only problem I could see is something being in the way of the headers. Its the same engine and everything but I don't know if all the accessories and plumbing and stuff are in the same spots.