• Register Today It's free!

JBL Premium Speaker wiring

kaisertj

Reaction score
City, State
Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Honda
I have been looking for the wiring color diagram for my 1997 Ford Explorer XLT, Premium JBL System for quite some time. I need to know what wire controls what speaker from behind the stock HU. All of the previous post's diagrams do not match up with what i have. Is there more than one diagram. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the wiring diagram might match up if you go look at the speaker amp in the back, behind the right rear quarter panel.

I'm not 100% sure about this setup but I got this from the 1996 Ford's shop manual CD:

Ground - BK/LG
RR (+) - BR/PK
RR (-) - O/R
RF (-) - DG/O
RF (+) - W/LG
LR (-) - T/Y
LR (+) - GY/LB
LF (-) - LB/W
LF (+) - O/LG
RCU to Power Antanna Switch - O/LB
Sub (-) - BR/O
Sub (+) - R/BK
Sub Mute - DG/P

Double check everything before doing any work because I'm not gauranteeing anything so do it at your own risk, don't sue me if you screw it up. Good luck!

Thanks for the help, but still does'nt match. I really appreciate the help though. i guess i should go to the dealer and buy one or something

what are you trying to do?

Heh...are you sure you have the JBL system?? Does it have a factory sub in the back??

Wiring for 1997 JBL

I've been looking for a wiring diagram for my 1993 and can't seem to find one but this might help for your 1997. For some reason my HTML is off so this is not a link just copy and paste into your address bar.

Good luck.
Nikki

Dead Link Removed

Wiring diagram for one of the two connectors...

Hey guys,

found a despription for one of the two connectors found at the back of the JBL radio (well, at least for my 97 X EB), specifically the smaller grey connector.

DK BLU: Mute (Optional)
---
BLA LT GRN: Radio Ground
---
LT BLU RED: Panel Illumination
YEL BLA: Radio Power Feed
BLA: Vehicle Chassis Ground
LT GRN P: Memory Feed

Hope this helps.

Take care

Quakecom

I'm not 100% sure about this setup but I got this from the 1996 Ford's shop manual CD:

Ground - BK/LG
RR (+) - BR/PK
RR (-) - O/R
RF (-) - DG/O
RF (+) - W/LG
LR (-) - T/Y
LR (+) - GY/LB
LF (-) - LB/W
LF (+) - O/LG
RCU to Power Antanna Switch - O/LB
Sub (-) - BR/O
Sub (+) - R/BK
Sub Mute - DG/P

Double check everything before doing any work because I'm not gauranteeing anything so do it at your own risk, don't sue me if you screw it up. Good luck!
You just saved my ass.... thank you

Back