JBL subwoofer not working with Pioneer receiver. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

JBL subwoofer not working with Pioneer receiver.

gwagblade

Reaction score
City, State
Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 XLT Limited
I have a 1997 XLT Limited that originally came with a JBL factory radio along with the JBL system. 3 years ago had my reciever replaced with a
Pioneer DEH-P6700MP
After I had it installed they said they did not have any special cables to connect the subwoofer with the new reciever and would have to go through Ford, still nothing back from them.

So today I took off the paneling, checked the wiring and I can't find where this special cable would go, looked online found several guides and images but nothing.

So I attached the stereo cable wiring (from the subwoofer pluggins) directly from the reciever to the actual subwoofer and it did not work.

Is there anyway to bypass the JBL amp without using the cable? Is there another method to this that I'm missing?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

does the jbl amp have any rca outs? or anything on the amp

try searching the audio & navigation systems section-there is a sticky on this subject.

Some Images for reference

does the jbl amp have any rca outs? or anything on the amp

There are no RCA pluggins.

DSCN1482.jpg

DSCN1483.jpg

DSCN1487.jpg

DSCN1481.jpg

DSCN1489.jpg

This blue wire that comes from the back of the Receiver but has no where to plug into
DSCN1485.jpg

you'll have to either get an amp with rca's so you can run them off the back of your deck to the amp and then run the blue wire ( remote wire ) from deck to amp and just plug the speaker wires from the amp to the sub, then you would have bass

Back