• Register Today It's free!

jeep xj bumpers on a real suv

Dumple

Reaction score
City, State
Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer
So I recently joined the explorer fan club and bought my first x 3 months ago. First off its a 92, xl, 4.0 ohv, 5 speed, 4 door and 4x4. This truck has the option of power nothing and I love it. When I bought it the ladies said that the tires needed replaced and they just didn't have the time or money to do it. So I went and took a look at it and determined the tires were around 80%. So I proceeded to aquire it for $900. Now keep in mind I'm currently stationed in alaska and the craigslist marker up here is very weird. Wranglers will sell for 2x or 3x what they are worth and XJS tend to be reasonably priced. That being said my buddy bought an 89 2 door, 6" lift, 35"s, 4.56 gears, front and rear arb lockers, and home made (but look good) 1/4 steel bumpers. And he paid $2k for it. Well I'm tired of the stock look of my x and I want to eventually get it to be a good trail rig. I.e. lift, tires, bumpers, cb, gears, sas, soa, winch and maybe even a 5.0 swap. Needless to say I like to dream.
So I've been seeing a lot of XJS with some cool bumpers in the junk yards and I'm wanting to know if they would look wide enough and how much modification I would need to do to get them on there the right way. Anyone ever done something like this?

With home-made brackets and fabbing skills anything is possible.

Back