Jenren81's Scoot thing- | Page 2 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Jenren81's Scoot thing-

Burns

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Pulaski, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Explorer/2002 F-250
I like the all green with the numbers. Without them it seems bare in that area.

Just my 2 cents

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

jenren81

Reaction score
City, State
Frisco, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Sport 4x4, 16 Tacoma
oooh, that is nice... i'm diggin the matched wheels!

<

<

jenren81

Reaction score
City, State
Frisco, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Sport 4x4, 16 Tacoma
how bout this one?

alright... i don't know how i didn't see this color before, but what about the candy raspberry??? jon, does that have some sparkle/metallic flecks in it??? i think i LOVE that color. ooohhh man... that color and black looks nice together.

<

<

<

jenren81

Reaction score
City, State
Frisco, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Sport 4x4, 16 Tacoma
ah! i didn't even notice that... nice work!!!

<

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
..:shifty_ey:...I think it needs a "I survived Black Bear Pass" sticker...:biggthump

<

jenren81

Reaction score
City, State
Frisco, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Sport 4x4, 16 Tacoma
ah yeah, that would be sweet!!! haha could you imagine taking that thing up there? it would be funny. next year!

<

jenren81

Reaction score
City, State
Frisco, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Sport 4x4, 16 Tacoma
jt... question about prepping the parts (that sounds nice haha)..

can the paint just be stripped and sanded down? or does it need to be sandblasted? or basically should i just get the paint off and you do the final prep work or whatever? the whole powdercoating physics is not in my mental database as of now. i just want to have the frame ready for you so it's the easiest for ya.

<

Turdle

Lowrider
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Mounty
jt... question about prepping the parts (that sounds nice haha)..

can the paint just be stripped and sanded down? or does it need to be sandblasted? or basically should i just get the paint off and you do the final prep work or whatever? the whole powdercoating physics is not in my mental database as of now. i just want to have the frame ready for you so it's the easiest for ya.

Well, it would be best to have it sandblasted. I need a clean surface.

<

jenren81

Reaction score
City, State
Frisco, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Sport 4x4, 16 Tacoma
cool... i figured as much. i just wanted to double check... i'm just trying to find a good place here to get em done around the boulder/denver area. if i plan ahead i'll just send them home and have my dad do it next week. too bad i live 10 hours from home and all the tools are there, haha! thanks for the quickie response

<

jenren81

Reaction score
City, State
Frisco, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Sport 4x4, 16 Tacoma
alright, i got the sandblasting arranged.... nothing a little post on craigslist won't fix! anyway, question for ya jon, the king of powdercoating...

so i'm ordering some new parts to replace my plastic floorboards... basically a fuel tank cover and cover for the luggage rack.. they are new, but already painted black. i can't decide if i should get them PC'd too. IF so, will they need to be blasted too? does it need to be down to bare metal for the powder to stick, or is a clean, fresh painted surface ok? here is a pic..

93civichatch003-1.jpg

sorry for all the questions, i never claimed to be smart, ha!

<

Turdle

Lowrider
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Mounty
Hey-the questions are fine.

The surface has to be clean, because the part will be baked at around 400 degrees. Paint will not stick after the heat, so the powder coat would just fall off.

I can blast small items in my cabinet. how large is that thing?

It almost looks like it is already powdercoated. If so, then yes I can use that as a base coat and go over it.

<

jenren81

Reaction score
City, State
Frisco, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Sport 4x4, 16 Tacoma
probably about a foot long.. i'd have to go measure my tank. i might just rock the black covers, since they are new and shiny.

i wish i could sandblast and powdercoat stuff... all my metal in my house would be done, just like you! fun stuff, i've been reading up and learning :)

<

Turdle

Lowrider
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Mounty
Image for reference of color only.
This is a fine set of wheels. I did not do these

Comes from the www.powderbuythepound.com forum

file.php

This looks like a good pink

<

<

<

jenren81

Reaction score
City, State
Frisco, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Sport 4x4, 16 Tacoma
don't be alarmed, it's actually me, the former wakesk8er. now my user name corresponds with everything else in my life :)

but i still like to wakeskate and wakeboard, so don't worry about that. haha.

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

jenren81

Reaction score
City, State
Frisco, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Sport 4x4, 16 Tacoma
hi jon! just saw those pink wheels again you put up earlier ...reminds me of what a great color they are!

anyway, the rest of my scooter parts are mostly in now. just waiting on some odds and ends, but i have a question for ya!

i ordered a different seat frame (it's lower and sits back a bit further) and it's chrome. how does that work with the powdercoating, does it need to be treated too? i want to have everything in the easy possible shape for you to deal with.

that black gas tank cover i posted above is actually fiberglass, so no coating that. no wonder it was cheaper! i think for now i'll just leave that and the battery box black (i'm buying a new unbroken black one lol) and get the rest done. i'm buying a new set of black powdercoated handlebars.. you don't need those blasted, right?

<