Jenren81's Scoot thing- | Page 3 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Jenren81's Scoot thing-

Turdle

Lowrider
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Mounty
hi jon! just saw those pink wheels again you put up earlier ...reminds me of what a great color they are!

anyway, the rest of my scooter parts are mostly in now. just waiting on some odds and ends, but i have a question for ya!

i ordered a different seat frame (it's lower and sits back a bit further) and it's chrome. how does that work with the powdercoating, does it need to be treated too? i want to have everything in the easy possible shape for you to deal with.

that black gas tank cover i posted above is actually fiberglass, so no coating that. no wonder it was cheaper! i think for now i'll just leave that and the battery box black (i'm buying a new unbroken black one lol) and get the rest done. i'm buying a new set of black powdercoated handlebars.. you don't need those blasted, right?

Nope
Just like they are will be fine. The black will re melt when I pre heat it and let the pink coat melt to it. I can etch the chrome part if it needs it.

About the plastic parts-

I think a few black parts will help anyway-

the tires, seat and grips will be black yes?

How about the control levers? Those would look good in pink with a black grip-

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

jenren81

Reaction score
City, State
Frisco, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Sport 4x4, 16 Tacoma
cool, i'll just send you those parts as is.

i think the pink/black will be good, i don't want to go too over the top. all the controls are mostly black, cables and all that obviously. if you can't tell i'm getting excited about this, i miss my scooter!

i'm alive and kickin today, did fine at work so the drive should be ok. that is, if my explorer makes it... ;-) been having some front end issues but i think i got it sorted out, i'm having a driveline shop guy here in boulder look at it tomorrow. he had good references in other offroad forums when i googled, and when talking to him on the phone today i sounded like i knew what i was talking about, even tho i'm an idiot deerrr.

thanks jt.

<

jenren81

Reaction score
City, State
Frisco, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Sport 4x4, 16 Tacoma
oh - and just let me know how much the powder is going to be/when you need to order it, i've got a lot of money sittin in paypal now

<

<

Turdle

Lowrider
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Mounty
Just experimenting with the candy Raspberry color I got for Jenni's scooter

This is the same transparent, with different base coats-

from left to right

antique silver vein, smoked chrome, silver stardust and ultimate chrome

I think the silver stardust is best, it has more colors in the reflection.

HPIM3722.jpg

<

IZwack

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Germantown, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Explorer
Well now you've go tall sorts of fancy bottle openers :)

<

jenren81

Reaction score
City, State
Frisco, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Sport 4x4, 16 Tacoma
OOOOOOHHHHH silver stardust!!!! that is hot, perfect!

<

jenren81

Reaction score
City, State
Frisco, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Sport 4x4, 16 Tacoma
Well now you've go tall sorts of fancy bottle openers :)

maybe jon will include the one that matches and i can mount it on the scooter.. ha ha. that might not be a good idea though.. but hey i can never seem to find the bottle opener in my garage, this would make it easy! :confused:

<

<

<

cybergasm

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt Ks
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Mountaineer 5.0
That thing is gonna be hawt when it put back together:thumbsup:

<

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
...Jen is hotter than the scooter, and that is going to be a fine scooter...:biggthump

...:shifty_ey ...Who is buying all the bottle openers in bulk???...I can't find any...:p:

<

jenren81

Reaction score
City, State
Frisco, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Sport 4x4, 16 Tacoma
WHOA!!!! holy shizzzzzz i just caught these pics. that will be HOT, hotter than me by far even mr. tbars! JON IS THE MAN!!!

<

jenren81

Reaction score
City, State
Frisco, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Sport 4x4, 16 Tacoma
i'lll def post up pics when i get it back together... might be a week or so since i took a lot apart to get the frame off... hopefully i remember where it all goes, haha

<

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
...:dunno:...I know, I could have just bumped it but after seeing how awesome this is turning out..:eek:..And yes, Jon is the man...:salute:

<

<

jenren81

Reaction score
City, State
Frisco, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Sport 4x4, 16 Tacoma
yeah, it's weird, it's just my phone camera that is why they look purpley. i'll take some pics with my good camera and post up, i just haven't had a chance. i finally got my kickstand to mount on since my old one broke, it has kept me from riding it around much for lack of places to park it.

again jon, it's awesome. i love it!

<

cybergasm

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt Ks
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Mountaineer 5.0
oh so the above photo's are your scoot thought Jt was posting random photos lol

<

jenren81

Reaction score
City, State
Frisco, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Sport 4x4, 16 Tacoma
haha yeah it's mine, he did the frame for me. it came out really well! these pics don't do it justice tho

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.