• Register Today It's free!

Jerking/Jumping in first gear

MightyJ0e

Reaction score
City, State
Spokane, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ford Explorer Sport
Hey this is my first problem post. Anyway, I have a 2000 Ford Explorer with a manual tranny and the 4.0L V6 (OHV). I have a problem where when I go from a stoplight it Jerks/Jumps when I let the clutch out. My brother told me it might be a glazed over flywheel, and my Dad told me it may be a Engine mount. I wanted to know how to check to see what it is, and if you guys had any ideas.

Thanks,

-Joe

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Misfire?

The engine seems to be running great. I just had the heads replaced and a tuned up done. This was doing the same problem before I had that work done. Maybe this weekend I'll go look at the motor mounts and see what kind of shape they are in. I really don't want to pull the transmission apart to fix a glazed flywheel if that's what it is.

I had that happen a few times in the last couple weeks. Only does it for a second then will happen a few days later. Recently I've had a check engine code come up my thermostat is sticking, and the airbag light is either on or flashing.

The airbag light on mine was a faulty connector under the passenger seat. I think it's a common problem. I still don't know what the shuddering is when I shift. If I figure it out I'll post it on here.

Back