• Register Today It's free!

Jerking

Takumi

Reaction score
City, State
Alain, abudhabi
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 lower trim
I have a 2008 explorer v6 with 200k miles. It drives well but when i have load in my car or when i accelerate hard at a corner my car sometimes hesitates and jerks at gears and sometimes goes to neutral it doesn go just revvs go high than i put it at the low gear 1 and its perfectly fine than so i think that makes the gear being okay cus when this happens i turn off the car n turn on it still stays in nuetral it goes at a very low power for 1500 rpm after 1500 rpm it goes nuetral and car doesn move but when i put it at low 1 it works perfectly fine

Also sometimes when m cruising at 100 my gear struggles it makes a noise and down shifts and than immediately upshifts and jerks as well i dont know whats the issue the differential oil havent been changed on the car by the previous owner is it the diff cus i think this happens cus of the auto 4x4 which engages at times. I once manually engaged the 4x4 high and it was making a noise but working fine

It once showed a maintenance logo on the screen n thn i had it reset and its not on since than

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have you checked your transmission fluid level?

Have you checked your transmission fluid level?
No i havent its pretty difficult to i know i will check it out but to do that i need to run the car and open the bolt at the bottom it will tell me if the fluid is not excess but wont tell me if i am low is that right?? Cus i looked utube and it says that way do you know any other way of checking the fluid and thanks for replying

From what i understand if you open that bolt you should get a little but of fluid dripping every few seconds. if you get none then you are low on fluid. The question becomes how low thats anybody's guess but you could try putting some fluid in and rechecking to see if you get some fluid dripping out.

From what i understand if you open that bolt you should get a little but of fluid dripping every few seconds. if you get none then you are low on fluid. The question becomes how low thats anybody's guess but you could try putting some fluid in and rechecking to see if you get some fluid dripping out.
Yes thanks its leaking oil cus i m seeing oil between the engine n the transmission over the metal stuff and seems like transmission fluid

No i havent its pretty difficult to i know i will check it out but to do that i need to run the car and open the bolt at the bottom it will tell me if the fluid is not excess but wont tell me if i am low is that right?? Cus i looked utube and it says that way do you know any other way of checking the fluid and thanks for replying
The trans fluid should be about 100F, with vehicle on level ground and the engine running. Open the small center bolt, not the large one and there should be drips and dribbles coming out. If not, you will need a fitting to screw into the center of the large bolt to attach a hose to so you can pump fluid into the trans.

The trans fluid should be about 100F, with vehicle on level ground and the engine running. Open the small center bolt, not the large one and there should be drips and dribbles coming out. If not, you will need a fitting to screw into the center of the large bolt to attach a hose to so you can pump fluid into the trans.
Thank you i will try that today but shuld the car b running when m adding transmission fluid

Thank you i will try that today but shuld the car b running when m adding transmission fluid
Yes. With the car off, the fluid height will increase. One good thing about (the only good thing) about not having a regular dip stick is if you add a little too much fluid, it will drain out to the right level while checking it.

Yes. With the car off, the fluid height will increase. One good thing about (the only good thing) about not having a regular dip stick is if you add a little too much fluid, it will drain out to the right level while checking it.

Attachments

• VID-20210811-WA0000.mp4
    3.1 MB

Can you please check the video of the oil all over the place what is leaking here

Touch the oily place with a white paper towel to see if the oil is red (trans fluid) or engine oil.

Back