• Register Today It's free!

JET 15003 Performance Programmer

mrslurp

Reaction score
City, State
Burnham, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Ranger XLT 4.0L
I have a 2003 Ford Ranger XLT 4.0 V6. For add ons, I have dual flowmasters, a K&N Complete cold air intake, slotted tail light covers, bigger than stock tires(but not too big) and all the speakers were replaced with pioneer speakers. I am looking for better performance for a decent price. I have come down to the JET 15003 Performance Programmer. I have found it for $319.99 shipped after a $25 promo code from ##################.com If I get a billet grill, that puts the total over $400, and I get a $40 d/c, but I don't think I need the grill, as I have a brush guard. Can anyhow help me out with this chip? Is it actually worth the money? Is it going to give me noticeable change, and not just a 3hp change? I can't find tons of info out about it. Please help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a 2003 Ford Ranger XLT 4.0 V6. For add ons, I have dual flowmasters, a K&N Complete cold air intake, slotted tail light covers, bigger than stock tires(but not too big) and all the speakers were replaced with pioneer speakers. I am looking for better performance for a decent price. I have come down to the JET 15003 Performance Programmer. I have found it for $319.99 shipped after a $25 promo code from ##################.com If I get a billet grill, that puts the total over $400, and I get a $40 d/c, but I don't think I need the grill, as I have a brush guard. Can anyhow help me out with this chip? Is it actually worth the money? Is it going to give me noticeable change, and not just a 3hp change? I can't find tons of info out about it. Please help.

Those jet chips are a waste.. Just get a custom tuner. Contact Henson Performance..
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213225

I am not knowledgeable on the chips. Can you give me some more info? I don't want to spend $400 if it is not going to give a nice, noticeable change. Do you have one?

The X-Cal3 is a programmer so there arfe some otions that you can change outside of the program that you install such as rev limiter, gear ratio, tire size, vehicle speed and a couple others. I'm not sure what it can do on a 4.0L others will have to chime in, but on a 3V 4.6L the difference is huge.

Back