Jet Chip Customer Service?

flyguy

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Gilbert, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'07 XLT V8
As some of you know, I was griping how my jet chip made me lose 5hp at the rear wheels. Anyways..I removed the chip and just got around to calling Jet about the defective chip. After asking a few questions, I had an RMA number and an address to send it to... overall pretty hassle free... now hopefully they send me a new one.. but theres a new problem. I lost the old chip. I cant remember where I put the darn thing. Most likely... somewhere for safe keeping. hehe. However... the guy said it would be 500 for custom programming... I think the last guy told me something higher.... but jeeze! 500?! What a rip! Oh well. But from the sound of it... they seemed to do more work that Superchips in the custom programing... the Jet guy told me that they would send me forms and I would detail everything Ive done inside and out... of course... the chip I have now makes me loose 5hp... would the custom chip be able to make me lose 15? hehe. Okay... enough for now... wish me luck hunting that chip down...

nick

Custom programming will be a waste for you for one main reason - you are not finished with the mods on your truck yet. I believe you still are waiting to install headers, etc. Wait until you are completely satisfied with every mods you have put into the truck and are sure that you have no other performance mods in the future - then get the chip custom programmed. If done properly you can see 15hp gains... and not seat of the pants gains.

I called SuperChip because I wanted to get a custom program for my superchip and after taking to the tech he adviced that the mods I have did not warrent it. the custom programming is for heads, pistons,cam and headers but not shorty type ect.

91 Explorer Sport 4.0 V6 EFI
Bosch Platinum +4's
K&N FIPK for a 96 Explorer
BBK 66MM THROTTLEBODY
BORLA HEADERS
Flow master Series 40 AND 2 1/4 CUSTOM PIPES
Granatelli Mass Airflow Sensor 70MM
SUPERCHIP
Edelbrock shocks
255/70-R15 Viper LT’s With 3.73 Gears
180 JET THEMOSTAT
Pilot Pro-Truck Series PL-700B Fog Lights on the Smithblit bumper
UNI TRACKTION BARS
Wind Jammer
Lund Sunvisor

Wow... they didnt recommend custom to you? I have had mixed results. Some say I definatly should some say I shouldnt... hmmm... Also... my headers should be in either today or tomorrow... SHOULD BE. hehe. Oh well. The only mods I have left are a cam, MAS, and supercharger... Of course... if I get the supercharger... that will replace my superchip/jet chip anyways...

nick

Back