• Register Today It's free!

jg09's "ABS light on" repair

jg09

Reaction score
City, State
Everson, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Eddie Bauer Explorer
If you're anything like me, you're really annoyed by this dash light. It's really bright; at night, it's blindingly bright. And that pisses me off. If you're like me, you're also broke and can only afford a cheap solution. Well, that's what we have here.

Here's the offending light
IMG_20120401_181520.jpg

These are the required materials for this project. You'll need the pair of scissors to cut off a small piece of electrical tape from another wiring loom in the truck. It can come from under the engine bay, under the dash, in the doors. It doesn't matter, just find the tape and cut off a small square.
IMG_20120401_181540.jpg

Note: Hand sizes vary, your piece of tape may not appear to be the same scale

Here's where things start to get really tricky. The key to this step is to take it slow. This isn't a race! Remember, if it looks like this in the end, you've done something wrong and need to try again
IMG_20120401_181605.jpg

This is VERY wrong. Again, go back, try again
IMG_20120401_181635.jpg

If it looks like this when you're done, put down the tape and scissors and call in a qualified neighbor to do this for you, it may be out of your skill range
IMG_20120401_181704.jpg

This is what the finished result should look like. The light is covered and no light is able to shine through
IMG_20120401_181740.jpg

P.S. Happy April Fool's day. Please DO NOT DO THIS TO YOUR RIG!

You copied Homer Simpson...

Been there done that !:D

Back