JMan689's 93 F-150 Lightning

JMan689

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Downers Grove, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'14 Focus ST
This is my 93 Lightning it's my baby and wouldn't trade this thing for the world.

2834171_5.jpg

When i bought it it had MSD Wires, Bosch Platinum Plugs, no cats and a Magnaflow muffler and a custom roll pan (weighs like 1 lb were the tube bumper weighed like 50). It also came with a ton of extra parts.

2834171_4.jpg

Basically i plan on turning this thing into a street legal drag truck looking to run at least 10's on a street setup.

2834171_3.jpg

You can't tell from the pics but it's got a few dents and dings and some rust but its still gorgeous and whomps a few cars...

My new full Bassani exhaust, ordered last wensday, arrived today.

Attachments

• IMG_0288.JPG
    IMG_0288.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 1,518
  • IMG_0290.jpg
    IMG_0290.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 1,430
  • IMG_0291.jpg
    IMG_0291.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 1,378
  • IMG_0292.jpg
    IMG_0292.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 1,369

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have always loved these trucks. I remember when they came out, everyone was scratching their heads about the huge 17" wheels on them. There is a farmer around my area who farms out of two of them, no tailgates, beat in bedsides, its a shame.

Nice exhaust!

Oh that's a 351 lightning-huh?

Yes sir, the 95's had roller blocks, and the flip down console was standard, the 93's didn't have air bag steering wheels, tube bumper and step bumper were options on which one you wanted, tube was the most common.
AM/FM/CD was also another option.

I miss my94 :(:

Attachments

• 1994Lightning.jpg
    1994Lightning.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 1,782
  • no plate 2.jpg
    no plate 2.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 1,499
  • mytoysnopl.jpg
    mytoysnopl.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 1,568

Yes sir, the 95's had roller blocks, and the flip down console was standard, the 93's didn't have air bag steering wheels, tube bumper and step bumper were options on which one you wanted, tube was the most common.
AM/FM/CD was also another option.

Actually they started the roller ready blocks in the late 93 models (mines a few months too old.), the flip down console was on option in 94 and standard in 95, in 93 it had bucket seats. The step bumper didn't look nearly has cool as the tube but it was still that that pretty, i prefer my rollpan.

If you miss it so much go out and buy another :D

EDIT: I'll have sound clips up of the current exhaust and the Bassani this weekend

They were always auto, a few people have done 5 speed swaps though. They describe it as driving an old school muscle car mixed with a 4400lb mustang :D

EDIT: I'll have sound clips up of the current exhaust and the Bassani this weekend

Well took me alot longer than expected. Can't find a place warm enough to do my exhaust and ran into a few problems concerning the Smog Pump and EGR. Going to delete both when i do my exhaust but finally took a sound clip of it with the Magnaflow muffler and no cats.

I wish my dad F150 sounded like that... :(

It was either a 50 series Flowmaster or nothing at all...

So what are the differences under the hood between a normal 351 and the Lightning 351?

I wish my dad F150 sounded like that... :(

It was either a 50 series Flowmaster or nothing at all...

So what are the differences under the hood between a normal 351 and the Lightning 351?

GT40 Heads and intake. EFI... i think maybe higher horsepower/torque numbers too. Not sure on everything never bothered to look it up. Maybe i'll do that this weekend.

nice! I love those trucks!

GT40 Heads and intake. EFI... i think maybe higher horsepower/torque numbers too. Not sure on everything never bothered to look it up. Maybe i'll do that this weekend.

are you on nloc.net to?

I knew about the intake, ignition, and EFI. I didn't know that they had different heads. I do know that the Lightning has more power. I just wish the regular 351 had as much aftermarket support as the Lightning 351 does... :(

I knew about the intake, ignition, and EFI. I didn't know that they had different heads. I do know that the Lightning has more power. I just wish the regular 351 had as much aftermarket support as the Lightning 351 does... :(

o they do just about all that you can do to a 302 can be done to the 351 the heads fit with some work not much cam is the same and there are some cheep stroker out there

I just wish the regular 351 had as much aftermarket support as the Lightning 351 does... :(

If they have a large aftermarket its nearly gone now, most of the aftermarket parts we have 1 or maybe 2 options. Alot of it is 302 mods or custom applications.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If they have a large aftermarket its nearly gone now, most of the aftermarket parts we have 1 or maybe 2 options. Alot of it is 302 mods or custom applications.

true the intakes you would have to flip it to make it work on the truck. it sucks thats we cant fined the springs to lower the front now to. but i dont really know what all you cant fined my trucks a 96 f150 with the 302 its droped and im about to get a cam intake locked in the rear with some 4.10s

Back