• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

JMan's AX10

JMan689

Reaction score
City, State
Downers Grove, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'14 Focus ST
Unlike section and FROADER i opted for the Ready to Run model, so mine came with plastic suspension links and tie rod and a pre-painted body.

Attachments

Join the Elite Explorers for $20. Gets rid of the ads!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

JMan689

Reaction score
City, State
Downers Grove, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'14 Focus ST
Got my new body in today :D

Its the Tamiya midnight pumpkin body, need to figure out how i'm going to mount it and i'll need to relocate my battery, and shorten up the wheelbase a bit.

Also have an aluminum driveshaft upfront (broke the u-joint on the rear) and the stock plastic one out back only broken front driveshafts). Also have a skid plate up front now too.

I plan on lowering it abit tomorrow to fix my rollover problems. I think i'm in need of some 1.9s

Attachments

section525

sextion525
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Red Bluff, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1975 Ford Bronco 4x4
Yes!! Good thing you didn't get the '56! :p: That's mine!

Lookin' good. Set your budget now. Otherwise you'll spend too much $$$ on these things. :)

JMan689

Reaction score
City, State
Downers Grove, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'14 Focus ST
Set your budget now
I don't believe i understand that word. :p:

But i know what your talking about, i need the frame extension kit to come out so i can move my electronics up, battery onto the rear axle and get an interior, also need to figure out a way to lower this thing big time, i shortened the wheel base.

You can get some SERIOUS travel though without springs (note the almost vertical axle) :D

Attachments

JMan689

Reaction score
City, State
Downers Grove, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'14 Focus ST
Drilled the holes for the body mounts and got it mounted. Need to make a holes a bit bigger though because whenever i want to switch bodys i need to pull the mounts out.

I was planning on making this thing a scaler but decided i'll make a scaler outa something else, i'm just going to do a scaler/comp hybrid type... thing.

Attachments

JMan689

Reaction score
City, State
Downers Grove, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'14 Focus ST
Wish i could be this productive with my X

Attachments

JMan689

Reaction score
City, State
Downers Grove, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'14 Focus ST
Nothin much really, trimmed up the new body some to lessen rub and then hit it with some more coats of paint. Also got some MIP shafts on it now. Been trying to save money to dump into either the Lightning or the X.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
FlyBoyCoe FlyBoyCoe's AX10 RC & Models Forum 8
CmdrPopNFresh Cmdr's AX10 RC & Models Forum 2
section525 Sextion's Axial AX10 Build! RC & Models Forum 35
FROADER FROADER's Axial AX10 RC & Models Forum 107