Job Search in KY | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! Once registered you can join the Elite Explorers to eliminate ads from the website.

Job Search in KY

lonestar

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
lou,ky
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XLT, 02 XLS
Well, I'm currently back in the job market. I'm looking for a Mechanical Engineering position within 50 miles of Louisville, KY. Does anybody know of anything?

Would anybody have any job searching ideas other than online postings and bugging your friends? I've thought about cold-calling, unfortunately I have no idea of names of companies I would be interested in.

Join the Elite Explorers $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

lonestar

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
lou,ky
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XLT, 02 XLS
I have fell into a unique opportunity. Called an ole buddy and learned he .
had since quit his job to join a new start-up medical company who is trying to develop a new machine to create peptides with great potential. I was offered a 3 month contract which would end in full-time position if product takes off.

PROS
Great opportunity to get in at ground level
Hands on R&D
Salary considerably more than previous employment + insurance money
Medical industry is booming
I'm currently unemployed

CONS
Not permanent - no gaurantee
Limits my current job search

Anybody have thoughts on contract positions?

Forder

Reaction score
City, State
West Point, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT, '05 Altima 3.5
Have you tried puting a resume out on monster.com or any simular sites? A friend of mine in the military with me is about to get out and put his job expirience down on a resume and posted it out on monster.com. He has gotten several hits for jobs since. Just a thought for ya..

jayhawkexplorer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Mission, Kansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT
Start researching mechanical engineering firms in that area. There's got to be an association or a directory out there of engineering companies. Find a few that sound appealing and start calling/sending letters.

Forder

Reaction score
City, State
West Point, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT, '05 Altima 3.5
I cant believe I totally skipped reading that first half of the post. I have a lot of family in Louisville, but never lived there myself. So I'm not sure about what's around in that area. But, as you can see to your left, I am from Hawesville, KY. It's right on the edge of the Ohio River near Owensboro. There are SEVERAL factories to work at around there that strive on the Ohio River. In fact, it's one of the most industrial places in the U.S. I would assume that there would be plenty of work in that area in Mechanical Engineering. That's pretty much the only way to make a decent living in that area (work at one of the metal factories) which is why I just decided to join the military since I didn't have many options. Sorry, I know this isn't much help to you. But I figured this was better than nothing. Hawesville is about 80 mins SouthEast of Louisville. Look it up one time and see what ya find.