Joe's new ride | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Joe's new ride

Looks like Joe got a new exploder to destroy:D

Attachments

• 154322_1734956941736_1472953881_31851827_3832188_n.jpeg
    154322_1734956941736_1472953881_31851827_3832188_n.jpeg
    23.1 KB · Views: 1,924

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Attachments

• FaceBookSM.jpg
    FaceBookSM.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 511

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-04-16 at 8.39.39 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-04-16 at 8.39.39 PM.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 515

I put some 5 1/2" coils in the front and decided to take them out and keep the 3 1/2" coils, Once I have weight in the back it will level out.
I used the old shocks off the rear of my dodge on the front to take it out for a test drive and it did well. trimmed the front fenders alittle and need to do a little more.

Attachments

• snow wheeler.jpg
    snow wheeler.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 479

Not a big fan of the detroit locker, have Andy show you the pile of broken ones he has. I am impressed with the yukon grizzly, one of the few yukon products I do like. Chris and I had good luck with them and Andy has yet to destroy his....

Been looking for one of those grizzy lockers for the 8.8, I don't seem to be finding anyone have a part number?

When I was shopping for 8.8 lockers a year ago Yukon didn't have one for it. Yukon website only lists a LS unit right now. Seems odd for a pretty popular axle

When I was shopping for 8.8 lockers a year ago Yukon didn't have one for it. Yukon website only lists a LS unit right now. Seems odd for a pretty popular axle

This is the reply I got

"Sorry, they do not offer the Grizzly locker for the 8.8 yet. Let us know if you are interested in another locker"

Been looking for one of those grizzy lockers for the 8.8, I don't seem to be finding anyone have a part number?

I ordered a power trax no slip for the rear, I was hoping I would have it installed before the 22nd but I got a notice saying it was going to ship from factory in 7-14 days

Me and Jim (in his Navajo) running that locker with no issues at all. Very happy. Seems like I had to wait a couple weeks for delivery too via Summit racing

Me and Jim (in his Navajo) running that locker with no issues at all. Very happy. Seems like I had to wait a couple weeks for delivery too via Summit racing

I had one back in '05 with my first explorer and it was trouble free.
I ordered a winch tray from summit Tuesday morning and I got it tonight:thumbsup:

Mounted the winch and finished trimming the fenders, Had it on 2 wheels in the back yard.
Need to modify the frame mount for the track bar mount and trim the engine crossmember for a little bit more clearance at the tie rod.

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    194.3 KB · Views: 439
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    196.4 KB · Views: 444

I have lost interest in this, it is going up for sale

It sold and is on it way to it's new home:salute:

Back