Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Fresno CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
86 ranger no more
Callsign
KK6TDL
Anyone up to go. We are taking Tracy's jeep and my ranger. Might have someone else with an early bronco but that is unknown. We will probably try to find that bullfrog trail. Plan on watching some of the other crazies out there. We plan on keeping it pretty calm so even a locked up explorer on 33"s or so should beable to hang with us. Unless froader and or DB1 show up. Then who knows what kind of trouble we will create :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I still plan on going...pretty close to finishing the bumper but if it doesn't get done i'll slap on the old one.

You plan on camping on the lakebed somewhere Matt?

Yes we are planning on camping out there. Probably somewhere off of boone road. I think Wedensday would be a good day to try and run Bull frog. We are going to try to leave our house around 7 am on Tuesday which will put us in johnson valley around 11am or so. After that Setup camp then go cruise around and get a hang of the area. Then I figure run Bullfrog on Wedensday so we have more time to find it and get through it. If we run through it to fast maybe run it backwards go find other stuff to play on out there.

Boomer PM sent to you

We could meet at the corner of camp rock road and 247 at say 9:30 am Wedensday then try to find the trail? How does that work for everyone.

We are planning on leaving our place around 8 am on Tuesday. Hopefully we will be hitting the lakebed around noon. We wil be towing out with Tracy's dads blue dodge ram diesel. See you guys out there.

I'll probably get out there late afternoon sometime, getting up early tomorrow so I can finish welding my bumper. Won't have time to paint it so i'll be showing off the booger welds:p:

Head North on Boone road till you get to the lakebed. Look for my rusty grey trailer. Robs dodge is a darkblue extracab shortbed 2wd with a matching blue shell on it. Not sure where we will end up setting up camp at. We will see how many people are out there when we get there.

Have fun guys:thumbsup: Next time plan this closer to a weeked though, us Bankers hours guys have trouble getting off during the week:p:

Just made it home from a quick day trip out there and I got to say that if you like crawling and rocks, then you really missed out.

But since I'm such a nice guy, I'll leak some of the pictures from today so you all can get a quick fix... More when the rest make it home tomorrow night.

Attachments

• DSC01530.JPG
    DSC01530.JPG
    148.3 KB · Views: 209
  • DSC01559.JPG
    DSC01559.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 216
  • DSC01601.JPG
    DSC01601.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 209
  • DSC01492.JPG
    DSC01492.JPG
    154.6 KB · Views: 213

good grief now that's rock crawling right there. You wanna leak who owns the u-bolt?

..:eek:...I new that that girl had class...That is one cool pic..:biggthump

..The others are too and it looks like it was perfect weather too...

Make me wish i had gotten home a day sooner. :(

Just got home...awesome trip:D Nice to wheel something different for a change.
Tbars...yes perfect weather, no wind or dust but.........27 degrees overnight with a layer of frost on everything in the morning:eek: Once the sun came up it melted off the frost and warmed up nicely.

Bullfrog was a pretty cool trail, lots of offshoots and bypasses to choose from. That pic Boomer posted of me had some nice pucker factor, I was trying to get on the line which was a little more to the drivers side but the wheel didn't wanna turn so the wheel slipped off and almost flopped. Good times overall, I think a lot of you would like it. If we camped over in that area i'm sure we could make a weekend out of that place. You can jump in and out of the trail at almost any point so if we ran the trail one way we could do it going back the other and then in and out of the offshoots.

New Years day it was decided to leave the Jeep at camp and take the Rangers to run the Clawhammer trail. This is my first time running any Hammer trail and mind you this isn't even considered one of the hardest trails out there. I'll say this, it's the hardest trail i've run to date. It's a gradual uphill climb and it was maybe 2 or 3 obstacles that were pretty tough to get through and we were taking the "easy" way through them. One obstacle had and optional route that looked like something out of a crawler competition, 5 or so feet straight up a waterfall...umm yeah. We both managed to make it through the trail intact though, hardcore by my standards.

Carnage report:

RockRanger: some new dents here and there, tail light, folded up rear quarter panel.

Boomer: He had a holiday miracle, pass. door got dented trying to squeeze by a boulder but it mysteriously popped out by itself soon after.

Tracy: has some new dents and scratches.

Me: More dents in and around the pass. door and noticed on the way home I have a nice driveline vibration. I got out too see what the dealio and it's a dented driveshaft. Need to get that re-tubed now:rolleyes:

I got some pics of the Bullfrog trail but none of Clawhammer, that trail requires your full attention. Matt snapped a few though so bug him:p:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back