Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Pinole, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 F250/XLT Superduty
Callsign
KG6MAX
Who is up for a run in Johnson Valley at the Hammers?

You will need at least:

1) 35" tires
2) rock sliders
3) rear locker

IFS rigs, a front locker will make a big difference.

There is several possible weekends:

April 1/2
April 8/9
April 15/16
April 22/23 - Tinbenders Jamboree weekend.

One of those is the weekend of the Tinbenders Jambo - we can either hook into that group, or go at a different weekend. The tinbenders site is currently down, so I am working on finding out the date for that.

For those into serious rock crawling, this is non-stop fun. As for which trails to run - we will determine that based on who shows up, and what breaks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I wanna go but there's no way I'm taking my X on the hammers.

I could take video of you guys??

I am a maybe. Depends if I can get the doubler installed and working intime. If I can then I should be game. Guess I better get around to ordering that rear locker then :rolleyes:

Where is this? :confused:

Johnson valley OHV area. Ive never been out there but I think it is about 45 min east of Apple valley.

The Hammers is between Lucerne Valley and Yucca Valley on Highway 247. I normally take I5 to CA58, to East I15 for about 2 miles, then down hwy 247 to the staging area, which is at Means Dry Lake Bed.

China Lake is to the east of it, and Barstow/Dagget is to the north of it.

Someone did this article about it - http://www.larks.net/story_archive/johnson/page1.html

Supergildo - are you posting as a dream, or do you have a vehicle capable of doing this?

Thanks Tom. If I could make it depends on my work schedule and back condition. I'll know by the end of the week.

Jefe said:
I'm in :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Any of those weekends should work for me.
Um . . . . very belated "ditto"

Have we narrowed down which weekend?

Ill probably come out and be passanger. I am going to be lucky to have the truck together by moab without the doubler in at the rate work is keeping me busy.

I may come out...as a pasanger as well. My Truck will for sure be all over my dad's garage at that point :(

I have lots of work to do on the zuk, so I'd say closer to the end of April would be best for me.

Another date possiblity would be April 29/30..

I can't seriously committ to any dates for a more weeks, I need to see just what I have to do for the engine swap to work.

I'm probably out until after Moab. The rate that I can get things done on my truck it won't be ready until then.

Found this on Pirate.

Attachments

• hammers sign.jpg
    hammers sign.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 288

FROADER said:
I'm probably out until after Moab. The rate that I can get things done on my truck it won't be ready until then.

Found this on Pirate.

Hey! Who knocked the sign down :mad:

I'm still stuck on trying to get started on the engine swap. I have the rebuilt tranny now (no more knocking), and changed the thermostat in the 1.3. So, it's off to smog it this week, renew the plates, and then I start to tear in to it.

After that, the new seats show up, so it will probably not be ready till the end of April.

tdavis said:
I'm still stuck on trying to get started on the engine swap. I have the rebuilt tranny now (no more knocking), and changed the thermostat in the 1.3. So, it's off to smog it this week, renew the plates, and then I start to tear in to it.

After that, the new seats show up, so it will probably not be ready till the end of April.

So that means you will be finishing the wiring at the city market in moab then :D Nothing like a major project with a good solid finish date in store.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am hoping this engine swap is quick and easy - there is only about 7 wires to hook up; they are power, start, fuel pump relay, ground, obd connector (3 wires), VSS

I probably just jinxed myself on this.. :confused:

Back