Jon And Sheri's Vitamin D Wagon | Page 16 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Jon And Sheri's Vitamin D Wagon

As she sits now,
017.jpg

019.jpg

015.jpg

013.jpg

018.jpg

But it didn't start out like this.

We returned from our trip to Colorado Sept 2009 to find this waiting in the yard.

It needs a few little sumthuns--but it is a great start I do think.
Here is where we begin to take over the work started by trukmajik and dejello

94explorer001.jpg

94explorer003.jpg

94explorer002.jpg

94explorer004.jpg

94explorer007.jpg

94explorer006.jpg

94explorer005.jpg

9-11-2009092.jpg

9-11-2009090.jpg

updated pics ^^^^^how it was when I got it

Now here is how it looks as of 4-1-2010

got the wheels all shiny!

truck002.jpg

frostbite001.jpg

truck001.jpg

truck006.jpg

truck005.jpg

truck004.jpg

truck003.jpg

and as of 8-5-2010

IMG_1105.jpg

with swaybar^^^

without sway bar

IMG_1064.jpg

IMG_1061.jpg

revised shock towers and more flex-Big thanks to Dkchrist for coming over to weld em in. I owe him big time!!

IMG_1905.jpg

IMG_1903.jpg

With a top

IMG_1988.jpg

IMG_1986.jpg

IMG_1983.jpg

LED rock lights

IMG_1925.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for that link.
Ok, now I am totally confused. I have a power distribution box with the relays in it, originally in this 93. When I removed the "old" main harness the power distribution box remained truck. It and some other wiring, battery, solenoid headlight stuff

However, the "new" main harness had the relays hard wired into it. WTF?????

I see a plug in the "new" harness which is capped off, ( I unplugged this connection from the original harness to get it out) and an extra bank of relays with the new harness. So, it looks like I have a wiring mess to fix here.

I could almost assume that if I plug the capped of connector into the receptacle in the old section of harness, it would use the power distribution box relays.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

..I'm not up on your full setup but can add a little info..:scratch:

..If you have a 93 may be why that is capped...:dunno:

..A 91-92 model have the pd box on pass fender with 3 main relays underneath with their own harness.

..93-94 have the pd box on the drivers side and have all their large fuses and relays inside the PD box.

..A 91-92 model have the pd box on pass fender with 3 main relays underneath with their own harness.

..93-94 have the pd box on the drivers side and have all their large fuses and relays inside the PD box.

So, the main harness I have for my replacement is not a '93 then. Nice. :(

It figures. Everything is going to hell on me why not this.

However the 93 PD box is still on the passenger side in 93. This one is.

...I am not sure when it comes to what all you have...:dunno:

...I know there is one other person on here that has a 93 with the PD box on the pass fender as original...So this is not unheard of...

...Don't you just love transition years...:D

EDIT: you are in luck...This guy has all the schematics you may need and he has a 93 with the PD box on the pass fender...;)
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2247724&postcount=27

...I am not sure when it comes to what all you have...:dunno:

...I know there is one other person on here that has a 93 with the PD box on the pass fender as original...So this is not unheard of...

...Don't you just love transition years...:D

I love it to the point I am "this" close to throwing this thing out. I am getting nowhere and it isn't funny.

:mad:

...Read my previous post again...;)

...Also, if you click on his "Owner guide" link in his signature, you may find something you like...

picture.php

This is the box I have. It is not wired directly into the "old" main harness, although I strongly suspect the capped of connector is the path to it--

This is the connector which was connected in the "old" harness
the plug of the left is capped with a plastic cap, in the "new" harness

12-18-09006.jpg

the "new" harness also has the relay box though. Does this mean it is not from a 93?

1991ExplorerFuelSystemElectrical_00.jpg

...Read my previous post again...;)

...Also, if you click on his "Owner guide" link in his signature, you may find something you like...

What am I looking for in the 14 pages of stuff?

Think Jon is gonna need another one of these here real soon.:D

Attachments

• PATRON SILVER.jpg
    PATRON SILVER.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 625

My 93 had the same wiring layout under hood as my 91 does, with the PDB on the right fender. I think I know where the harness is in one box in my garage though. Which do you need?

The old wiring style has the individual relays like you pictured. The brown I think is the PCM, the green is usually fuel pump, and the other should be the AC WOT cutout. Ford changed to the Power Distribution Box in the early 90's. The Mustang got it in 94, Mark VIII in 93 etc. I prefer the PDB for it's ease of tracing wiring circuits, less large wires go into the vehicle. Most big wires/fuses/relays stay under the hood in the PDB.

Attachments

• 93frontclip with harness.JPG
    93frontclip with harness.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 772

Ok looking at the schematics---

It almost seems like I can eliminate the "secondary" relay box, and run their wires to the "unused plug" using the connector from the "old"harness , and use the relays in the existing PDB

It almost looks like it would work--I need to study it a bit further.

Don, that box looks like the one I need. I will let you know though, getting it back out through the firewall is a little bugger. you may need another set of hands for a pusher.
I would definitely like to have a complete harness versus cutting into one.

In fact at this point I would appreciate 46 harnesses laying around if I could find the correct one in the pile.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I'm going to have to challenge that. All first gens have the PDB on the passenger side. It was never on the drivers side. However in 1995 they did change it to the driver's side. I have a 94 w/ a pass PDB and all the 1st gens at the salvage yard I use are pass PDB, even the owner's manual says its on the pass side.

Just to clarify. :)

I'm going to have to challenge that. All first gens have the PDB on the passenger side. It was never on the drivers side. However in 1995 they did change it to the driver's side. I have a 94 w/ a pass PDB and all the 1st gens at the salvage yard I use are pass PDB, even the owner's manual says its on the pass side.

Just to clarify. :)

..Without getting a match started in someones thread, It might just be a Cali thing..;)

..Without getting a match started in someones thread, It might just be a Cali thing..;)

That could be the deal. I have never seen a cali Ex. I need to amend my statement to "all non-cali explorers." :D

Tomorrow I'll dig for my wiring, and see if I can take a good picture of what I have.

Tracking info show your bumper is in liberal, ks
Posted via Mobile Device

I am so confused

I converted my 1988 POS 3 relays and some inline fuses power distribution system to use a 93 style power box, all the relays and fuses inside.

When I went 5.0L I kep the 93 style box

the only difference between a 93 explorer non CA and CA is EGR

the CA truck will have EGR, a non CA truck in 93 did not have EGR

also the CA truck will have a "detuned" computer other then that they are identical

Jon what is it you need help with? I missed all this but I can def help you with wiring this *****
i read the last two pages, but i must need to take notes because i am lost!!!

9-11-2009090.jpg

Back