Jon And Sheri's Vitamin D Wagon | Page 28 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Jon And Sheri's Vitamin D Wagon

As she sits now,
017.jpg

019.jpg

015.jpg

013.jpg

018.jpg

But it didn't start out like this.

We returned from our trip to Colorado Sept 2009 to find this waiting in the yard.

It needs a few little sumthuns--but it is a great start I do think.
Here is where we begin to take over the work started by trukmajik and dejello

94explorer001.jpg

94explorer003.jpg

94explorer002.jpg

94explorer004.jpg

94explorer007.jpg

94explorer006.jpg

94explorer005.jpg

9-11-2009092.jpg

9-11-2009090.jpg

updated pics ^^^^^how it was when I got it

Now here is how it looks as of 4-1-2010

got the wheels all shiny!

truck002.jpg

frostbite001.jpg

truck001.jpg

truck006.jpg

truck005.jpg

truck004.jpg

truck003.jpg

and as of 8-5-2010

IMG_1105.jpg

with swaybar^^^

without sway bar

IMG_1064.jpg

IMG_1061.jpg

revised shock towers and more flex-Big thanks to Dkchrist for coming over to weld em in. I owe him big time!!

IMG_1905.jpg

IMG_1903.jpg

With a top

IMG_1988.jpg

IMG_1986.jpg

IMG_1983.jpg

LED rock lights

IMG_1925.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok time for another newbie question.

Would someone confirm or argue that this truck is at about 5.5" lift because I am looking at coil springs.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Yesterday this dang thing killed the number 6 injector. I got it swapped wih another I had laying around and it's running fine.

Still no tubes from the machine shop. :(

This thing has been filled with learning experiences. so far I have clocked 65 miles on it since owning it.

soooo heck

Tomorrow we go wheelin'

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265033

Yup
My lovely bride and I are going to brave the cold and actually drive this thing out of town, 45 miles away and wheel it as hard as we can..

drum roll

Just don't break anything that you'll need a tow truck to get back home :)

Tomorrow we go wheelin'

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265033

Yup
My lovely bride and I are going to brave the cold and actually drive this thing out of town, 45 miles away and wheel it as hard as we can..

drum roll[/QUOTE]

Just don't break anything that you'll need a tow truck to get back home :)

Thats what AAA premier is for 200 miles tows

~Mark

we want to see wheeling pics, ,

get out there and enjoy that thing, you earned it,,

we want to see wheeling pics, ,

get out there and enjoy that thing, you earned it,,

x2! Get lots of pics! Let us know how that cage works out, too. ;)

Oh, it got put thru it's paces today ad didn't even hiccup. Ran good, no overheating and did well on the trails I think. I have a few pictures of it but to be honest I was busy driving in the good spots. I will need to rely on other' pictures.

I did the ramp thingy and have pictures of that though.

You feel better now after using it for what it was made for?;)

Hey, just an idea, but you can get a cheap thick clear vinyl shower curtain for the rear. Just a temp fix till you get something more permanent. They make them extra length for the ring top curtain holders that are for a center room tub.

You feel better now after using it for what it was made for?;)

Hey, just an idea, but you can get a cheap thick clear vinyl shower curtain for the rear. Just a temp fix till you get something more permanent. They make them extra length for the ring top curtain holders that are for a center room tub.

Well, I needed a confidence booster so I used your suggestion, got lazy and took no tools at all with us. I just packed some oil, tire plug kit and some clamps.

Not sure about the shower curtain idea though, although it is a good idea for making a pattern-

here are some pictures. I think softer springs in front without spacers would be good-

frostbite001.jpg

frostbite002.jpg

frostbite003.jpg

My co pilot was nervous about being on the ramp, thought we were tipping over-lol so I handed Mark the camera for some pictures. I forgot to ask him for undercarriage shots because someone was suggesting we get back down, over and over again. :rolleyes:

We also got some custom body work. Same off road park, same side as the tree that got the mounty last January. This tree luved on everyone that passed it. It looked like I could do better than flip4ford , however gravity and greasy mud combined to suck us right into it. He's a good driver and I shoulda known better-
There was no choice though as it is right in a committed spot.

frostbite047.jpg

Well, today I decided to clean the ol gal up.

Washed and waxed the truck while I was at it.

I took some Turtle Wax polishing compound to the wheels, and to my utter amazement they cleaned up very nicely!!

truck002.jpg

Got all the mud off .

truck001.jpg

truck006.jpg

truck005.jpg

the tree smudge cleaned off ok, but it did tear off a few snaps--

truck004.jpg

truck003.jpg

Now to remove the plastic rocker cover thingys, fill the holes, herculiner and sliders.

The slider install is causing a chain reaction. Need longer radius arms and to move radius arm bracket back,as the front slider mount bracket is in the present radius arm bracket location.

Steering tubes are still in the machine shop.

I am about to loose my patience with them----

Question right quick
What do you call the dealio's that keep your brake lines out of your coil springs? Twisty ties aint cutting it here and I need a set of them.

I use two hose clamps. One around a spring coil and another around the brake hose and attach them together. I'll send you a picture if I can find one.

I have use a pair of insulated clamp. One clamps to the spring, and the other the brake line runs in (brake line one isn't clamped tight to the brake line).

66066.gif

~Mark

I do the same thing, only with zip ties

one around the coil, one around the line, keep it loose

a cheap and easy fix (perfect!!) is to simply re-locate the factory metal tab doo dads that hold the lines, cut them off and relocate them down and away from the coils....

what in the world is that mounted up above your rear view mirror? the CB? looks like a custom overhead console jobber.... any details or are my eyes lyin to me again??

so glad you took it out! you need to keep this rig, its so clean and capable!!! plus I think I installed a thermostat in it in Moab for Brian in like 2002 so even if that engine isnt there I still have the EF forum t shirt he bought me for helping!!! imagine that a t shirt outlasting a OHV 4.0L, its got holes, grease, and its fading but no way will I get rid of that shirt (firt time in Moab, first time on a EF run = addicted!!!!)

what in the world is that mounted up above your rear view mirror? the CB? looks like a custom overhead console jobber.... any details or are my eyes lyin to me again??

That is just the map light. It still works but I would really like to install a compas temp map light out of a sunroof truck

Thanks for the brake line - hose clamp tips.

Seeing this truck in person was awesome, it seems like it will crawl over just about anything, but I think it still has one of my orange tie downs.

Seeing this truck in person was awesome, it seems like it will crawl over just about anything, but I think it still has one of my orange tie downs.

It is all rolled up in a neat little package. I will get it back to ya.

Back