Jon And Sheri's Vitamin D Wagon | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Jon And Sheri's Vitamin D Wagon

As she sits now,
017.jpg

019.jpg

015.jpg

013.jpg

018.jpg

But it didn't start out like this.

We returned from our trip to Colorado Sept 2009 to find this waiting in the yard.

It needs a few little sumthuns--but it is a great start I do think.
Here is where we begin to take over the work started by trukmajik and dejello

94explorer001.jpg

94explorer003.jpg

94explorer002.jpg

94explorer004.jpg

94explorer007.jpg

94explorer006.jpg

94explorer005.jpg

9-11-2009092.jpg

9-11-2009090.jpg

updated pics ^^^^^how it was when I got it

Now here is how it looks as of 4-1-2010

got the wheels all shiny!

truck002.jpg

frostbite001.jpg

truck001.jpg

truck006.jpg

truck005.jpg

truck004.jpg

truck003.jpg

and as of 8-5-2010

IMG_1105.jpg

with swaybar^^^

without sway bar

IMG_1064.jpg

IMG_1061.jpg

revised shock towers and more flex-Big thanks to Dkchrist for coming over to weld em in. I owe him big time!!

IMG_1905.jpg

IMG_1903.jpg

With a top

IMG_1988.jpg

IMG_1986.jpg

IMG_1983.jpg

LED rock lights

IMG_1925.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Jon, lets think about that for a minute. Do you have another truck to drive as a daily driver if you SAS the Turdle? Also, the Turdle is still in relatively good shape, so when you're out wheeling you will be more "afraid" of body damage, where as this white truck already has a cage and the body damage wouldn't really be an issue (fun factor goes up).

I can see what you're thinking though, the Turdle would look great SAS'ed...

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

The Turdle doesn't look so good, and has trail damage already to be honest.

What you call daily driving to me is about 5000 miles per year tops, including the once --maybe twice a year "vacation" time.

I see no reason why an sas'd truck on 35's cannot be daily driven.

Looks sweet. Before you go nuts, take off the head on the 4.0 and see what ya got...

cage can be swapped as well?

yeah, cut the roof off the Mounty, set the cage in and weld the roof back on. It's only 8 quick cuts through the pillars once all the windows are out.

Kinda funny, I sent some emails back and forth a while ago about maybe getting this thing but I think it wasn't going to come with the axles.

Glad to see it made it home. It was running, but has been sitting for two years. I would look at the heads also. I bought this truck for Jello years ago, so I gave you all the info I had on it :) Was in California, then Colorado, then Texas, and now MO.

Jon would put it on 107's.

Cause he's a pimp.

Hey hey... Brian told me the truck left his house and told me to come back on here :)

I'll tell you what I remember figuring out about this truck. From what I could gather.... It started as a California truck with emissions. The motor was replaced with a non-Cali motor, but not the harness.. Can't remember about the computer, though I do think I replaced it with a non Cali one to fit the motor (no emissions codes to be thrown). At the time I couldn't find a harness cheap enough (and I couldn't afford much back then) so i modified the Cali one in the truck to work with the non-Cali stuff.. If you remove the kick panel by the computer you'll see what I did :p I believe there was still one code I could never figure out, but the truck was running much much better then, so I was able to drive it.

As for the motor when the truck went down. I was on the highway when a freeze plug on the block got a nice hole in it causing the motor to overheat rapidly. I tried to stop as soon as I could but it still overheated. After that the truck did not run right. I could not afford to even have the heads/gasket checked at the time and so I parked it. If it was more than just the gasket it would've cost me even more that I didn't have.

No matter what you decide to do, I just wanted to fill you in on what had been going on. Wish you luck and enjoy it :D Good to see it keep going on, and god I miss driving trucks... I might still get emails from this place, so feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

I see no reason why an sas'd truck on 35's cannot be daily driven.

^^ I did drive the white truck daily :)

Hey hey... Brian told me the truck left his house and told me to come back on here :)

I'll tell you what I remember figuring out about this truck. From what I could gather.... It started as a California truck with emissions. The motor was replaced with a non-Cali motor, but not the harness.. Can't remember about the computer, though I do think I replaced it with a non Cali one to fit the motor (no emissions codes to be thrown). At the time I couldn't find a harness cheap enough (and I couldn't afford much back then) so i modified the Cali one in the truck to work with the non-Cali stuff.. If you remove the kick panel by the computer you'll see what I did :p I believe there was still one code I could never figure out, but the truck was running much much better then, so I was able to drive it.

As for the motor when the truck went down. I was on the highway when a freeze plug on the block got a nice hole in it causing the motor to overheat rapidly. I tried to stop as soon as I could but it still overheated. After that the truck did not run right. I could not afford to even have the heads/gasket checked at the time and so I parked it. If it was more than just the gasket it would've cost me even more that I didn't have.

No matter what you decide to do, I just wanted to fill you in on what had been going on. Wish you luck and enjoy it :D Good to see it keep going on, and god I miss driving trucks... I might still get emails from this place, so feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

^^ I did drive the white truck daily :)

Thanks for the little intro and information.

I hope you dont mind, but I want to have these links handy so I will post them in here--

The canvas will be remade like this--I love it
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160107

d1_3.jpg

69_3.jpg

attachment.jpg

well glad to see you got it! i will def offer to help on the build of this one. im in need of some explorer work!

Hehe, just glad to see it'll live on. I forgot about what happened to the canvas.... Forgot to remove it when the guy started towing it backwards, so it ripped :( I had been in the middle of planning a rebuild of the canvas at the time so it was half-assed to be honest.. Will be glad if anything I've mentioned helps. :)

Very nice. Just found this thread. My GF wants me to that to my Sport...probably consider roof-off on my Trooper, but the Sport looks nice as is.

Some progress.

Today the interior was gutted. There was a bit of standing water in the wiring channels, so I pulled the drains--
I am going to herc the floor I think. No carpet.

SWEET......enough said haha

Hmm: Updates. I hope to see this rig in person say around March??? Joined by another white 4dr SAS explorer, will have all kinds of 4dr ex running around with SAS. Any way if things lighten up it a while, maybe we can come out and lend a hand to make sure suspension and drivetrain is all ready to go, notsure if i missed it while reading but have u found engine yet? and are you gonna stay with auto or swap to 5spd?

Back