Jon And Sheri's Vitamin D Wagon | Page 68 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Jon And Sheri's Vitamin D Wagon

As she sits now,
017.jpg

019.jpg

015.jpg

013.jpg

018.jpg

But it didn't start out like this.

We returned from our trip to Colorado Sept 2009 to find this waiting in the yard.

It needs a few little sumthuns--but it is a great start I do think.
Here is where we begin to take over the work started by trukmajik and dejello

94explorer001.jpg

94explorer003.jpg

94explorer002.jpg

94explorer004.jpg

94explorer007.jpg

94explorer006.jpg

94explorer005.jpg

9-11-2009092.jpg

9-11-2009090.jpg

updated pics ^^^^^how it was when I got it

Now here is how it looks as of 4-1-2010

got the wheels all shiny!

truck002.jpg

frostbite001.jpg

truck001.jpg

truck006.jpg

truck005.jpg

truck004.jpg

truck003.jpg

and as of 8-5-2010

IMG_1105.jpg

with swaybar^^^

without sway bar

IMG_1064.jpg

IMG_1061.jpg

revised shock towers and more flex-Big thanks to Dkchrist for coming over to weld em in. I owe him big time!!

IMG_1905.jpg

IMG_1903.jpg

With a top

IMG_1988.jpg

IMG_1986.jpg

IMG_1983.jpg

LED rock lights

IMG_1925.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ah yeah this is what I need to go Jon your my Inspiration!!!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Wow what a nice comment Burns.
But geez, I'm just trying to catch up to you guys. Besides, I haven't even really ever driven over anything difficult yet so we better wait to see what breaks before getting all inspired and junk.

So back to the Top issue...........

It's a nice see threw top!! It blends in so well you can't even tell it's on there!:p:

Just a few more snaps on order??

OK I do have the top. As agreed from the beginning I have to install most of the snaps.

For now though, went wheeling and did the ramp thing. I love the narrow axles, but I have a feeling wide axles are better for this type "scoring"

My score-good enough for me.

IMG_1907.jpg

I do need to trim a lil sumpin off here I think

At least the sliders clear

IMG_1902.jpg

IMG_1906.jpg

IMG_1905.jpg

IMG_1904.jpg

IMG_1903.jpg

Excellent work Jon!

You might think about making a small tonneau-like cover or even something as simple as a hinged plywood cover over the cargo area. It might help keep things from flying out when going over a bump and keep mud off the cargo.

Excellent work Jon!

You might think about making a small tonneau-like cover or even something as simple as a hinged plywood cover over the cargo area. It might help keep things from flying out when going over a bump and keep mud off the cargo.

Thanks. I would like to have a stock corgo cover. I think it would help out quite a bit. we really did stay pretty clean for the most part.

Oh. I forgot to remove my front sway bar before attacking that first hairy black trail . ooops

However, I did leave it dos connected for the trip home. I think the rear leaf spring was the problem, as it now drives well without the sway bar. It will be removed and thrown into my pile.

LOOKING Good Jon!!!! I sure wish you were my neighbor... The things you get done in a day take me months!!!

well do like i did and on down south a bit there :D

Anime--yoo hoo, did you hear me? I said I am removing the sway bar!

( Anime says to himself, " I told you so")

It does sway a bit more around curves and sharp turns without it, however I prefer the predictable slight amount of sway over the risk of stressing it and something going south under such stress. The rear leaf improvement did the trick. I should have removed it sooner.

Back in a bit with more. Stay tuned.

Semi cleaned up from the wheeling, here are pictures to show the rock lights made from LED outdoor lighting.

It could use some more car wash time

IMG_1925.jpg

IMG_1924.jpg

IMG_1926.jpg

IMG_1928.jpg

IMG_1929.jpg

Daylight pics or its not really there :p:

Guess I was over anxious

Still need to add a couple of straps, and some " hook and loop" strips to key areas, but they will not affect the looks so here ya go

IMG_1965.jpg

IMG_1966.jpg

Back