JonBenet murder suspect arrested | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

JonBenet murder suspect arrested

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/08/16/ramsey.arrest/index.html

(CNN) -- Authorities have arrested a possible suspect in the decade-old JonBenet Ramsey murder investigation, law enforcement sources told CNN on Wednesday.

An investigator with the Boulder County, Colorado, District Attorney's office is bringing the man from Bangkok, Thailand, CNN affiliate KUSA reported.

Sources told CBS News that he is a 41-year-old American and second-grade teacher.

Two law enforcement sources told CNN the man was under investigation for an unrelated sex crime when information led to his arrest in the Ramsey case.

"It is our hope that this arrest will bring some closure to the Ramsey family after a ten-year ordeal." said the family's attorney, Hal Haddon. "We respect the legal process and will have no further comment about the case or the evidence until that process is concluded."

JonBenet's father, John Ramsey, told 9NEWS in Denver that he has been notified of the arrest. Asked if he knew the suspect, Ramsey replied, "to the best of my knowledge, no," the station's Web site reported.

Prosecutors in Boulder have not confirmed the person's identity but are expected to hold a news conference Thursday.

KUSA reported that a man they call a suspect was arrested Wednesday morning and has confessed to certain elements of the crime that are unknown to the general public, KUSA reported.

JonBenet's beaten and strangled body was found in the basement of the family home in Boulder, Colorado, the day after Christmas in 1996. She was 6.

A grand jury investigation into the death of the child beauty pageant winner ended without charges in 1999.

The investigation focused a spotlight on the child's parents, John and Patsy Ramsey. Patsy Ramsey died in June of ovarian cancer. She was 49.

The Ramseys said an intruder committed the crime, but they remained the subject of suspicion and speculation.

In 2003 a federal judge dismissed a lawsuit against the Ramseys, blaming the police and the FBI for bungling the investigation. The Boulder County District Attorney's Office concurred with the judge's opinion the following month, saying there was little evidence against the couple

The Ramseys left Colorado and had a house in Charlevoix, Michigan, where John Ramsey unsuccessfully ran for office in 2004, and in Atlanta, Georgia.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

410Fortune

Truck Season!!
Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 "Slightly" Modified
Callsign
FOURTEN
wow this is huge

Everyone figured it was mommy and daddy, now I feel horrible for mom having died with everyone thinking this...

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
Yep... the automatically blaming family business has got to end. Too many cases have been f'ed up because of that.

mattadams

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Longmont, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
Oh great! LIving about 10 miles from Boulder, I am glad they caught whoever it was, but now we'll have to hear about it ad nauseum every night for the next 3 years, just like we did when she was first killed. They were just finally shutting up about it!

rookieshooter

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Martinsburg WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
84 BII "Li'l Samson"
The FBI does have DNA that is not from the family. And can still be used. Also I heard the the man said something about the case that was never released to the public.

dogfriend

Human-Animal Hybrid
Reaction score
City, State
Carmichael, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Sport 4x4
I have to admit, I always thought that it was someone in the family. Not necessarily the mom or dad, but someone they were covering for.

Very surprised to see this.

rookieshooter

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Martinsburg WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
84 BII "Li'l Samson"
Now the wife or might be X wife said that he was with her the night of the murder. WTF. And she also said that he was verey consumed in that case.

Flounder

Owns 10,000 Marbles
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Pennsylvania
Year, Model & Trim Level
'17 F-150 FX4
A bizarre case gets more bizarre.

dogfriend

Human-Animal Hybrid
Reaction score
City, State
Carmichael, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Sport 4x4
I'm seeing some rumors/speculation that the guy may not be telling the truth. He might be trying to get attention/ avoid a Thailand prison term. I saw him briefly on TV and he does appear to be a complete weirdo.

moose1

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
coupville, wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 xlt
This is an odd turn of events, He said he didnt mean to kill her that he drugged her and then had sex with her, but then relized she was dead??? but the autopsy showed no drugs and that she was stranngled, and he said he picked her up from school and brought her to her parents basment???? so that would mean the parents didnt know were she was all night and into the mourning???

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
Was the autopsy made public or did the cops just say that nothing showed up in the autopsy? That may have been part of the evidence that they held from the public.

The guy looks creepy as hell that's for sure.

sn0border88

Master Apprentice
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Souderton, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT
I feel bad for the family, specially the mom. however, I dont think it was him. I think he's lying. How did he know his way around the house so well, and his family is saying he was in alabama.

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
It will definately be interesting to see how it plays out. One of the stations I was listening to presented the idea that he was merely saying he was guilty of the Ramsey murder in order to get out of Taiwan and not have to face their justice system.

aldive

Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLT
Rick said:
It will definately be interesting to see how it plays out. One of the stations I was listening to presented the idea that he was merely saying he was guilty of the Ramsey murder in order to get out of Taiwan and not have to face their justice system.

Might want to change stations; he was arrested in Thailand.

rookieshooter

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Martinsburg WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
84 BII "Li'l Samson"
Rick said:
The guy looks creepy as hell that's for sure.

He sure does. Also he looks as frail as a wet noodle. I thought that who ever did it must be somewhat more muscular then he. The child did have some brute force injuries. Of course looks are decieving.

mattadams

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Longmont, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
you have to also remember, its not like she was a teenager... she was SIX. It's like injuring a kitten...

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
aldive said:
Might want to change stations; he was arrested in Thailand.

I knew it was "tie" something:D Give an old fart a break;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

rookieshooter

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Martinsburg WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
84 BII "Li'l Samson"
I just saw where they asked Dr. Lee ( The Guru of splatter) and who knows a lot about this case, say basically he does not believe this guy.