Jornum1's 99 Sport SOHC | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Jornum1's 99 Sport SOHC

View

View

Here is my borla exhaust, altezzas, and painted lund windjammer.
View

Here is a close up of the altezzas.
View

Here is my side markers, and front clears, with my nice modification that some old lady was nice enough to do for me ;-) Its going in the shop on monday
View

My mods are as follows
Engine:
Superchip
K&N FIPK
Bosch Plat 4 Plugs
Splitfire Wires
Borla muffler with custom piping

Suspension:
Lowered 1 3/4 inches
Eldebrock Performer IAS Shocks
Enkei RTS 17x8 rims
Michilen Pilot LTX 255/55/17

Exterior:
Clear Front Corners with superwhite bulbs
Clear side markers with superwhite bulbs
Altezza style rear tail lamps
Stull Billet Grill
Lund windjammer painted to match (Sorta)
Front and rear Lumi Logos
Limo Tinted windows

Interior:
Sony Explode Mobile ES minidisc Reciever
Sony 1/2 din Equalizer
MB Quart 6 1/2 Components up front
2- 12" Rockford Fosgate Punch Subwoofers
Rockford Fosgate 125x2 Punch amp
Red and black leather steering wheel cover
NR Automotive white face gauges
Red and black Racing pedals

View

View

View

Security:
Compustar 2way alarm with remote start

Exterior:
Front Clear Corners
Stull Billet Grill
Front and rear Lumi Logos
GTS Windjammer rear spoiler painted red

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here are some updated pics. Check out my clear fronts with blue bulbs, clear side markers with blue bulbs, and brand new today altezzas. Hope you guys like it, tell me what you think.
View

View

Here is a close up of the altezzas.
View

Here is my side markers, and front clears, with my nice modification that some old lady was nice enough to do for me ;-) Its going in the shop on monday
View

Nice truck, looks great (aside from the ole'lady mod)... not a fan of those mods myself. very clean ride otherwise and those tires/rims look tuff.
Rick H.

Looks real nice, I love the ALtezzas. Have you decided what you are going to do about the front bumper yet?

Sweet

Truck looks great, i especially love the DMB sticker on the back, i have one of those myself.
-Vic

Thanks, do you know where I can get another one? Mine is getting a little torn up. I got mine for a buck at one of the concerts I went to last summer.

What brand and model is your rear spoiler? Your truck lookd great.

Yeah I am getting the xenon bumper for my truck. I should have it on in a few weeks. I am going to order it monday.
My spoiler is actually a Lund windjammer. It was cheap and looks pretty cool. Its only like 60.00 I think. I pained it myself. It matched pretty well, but I was just experimenting since I maybe going to get a saleen spoiler. Those look awsome, and would go perfect with my truck.

Your stereo

How hard was it to put in the equalizer and the stereo? It looks like it fit perfect, but do you need anything other than a wiring harness? I'm not a big fan of sport trucks, but I like yours.
thanks
Mark

go monochrome

when you go to th body shop to fix the dent, you should have the fender flares and moldings painted red to match the res of the truck. that would go well with the sport truck image.

your wheels look nice, but it would look better with a wider wheel/tire combo. with those flares, you could stuff some serious meat in the back.

just for fun, i took the 17 X11 wheels with 315/35/17 tires off my mustang, and I put it on my explorer to see how it looked. unfortunately, the offest was a bit too tight, but the fat tires looked badass from behind. from the side, it looked silly because the profile was too low for the explorer (25.75")

If someone made a 315/45/17, that would be a 28" all tire; it would look tough on some 17X10 or 17X11. it would need a custom ofset though.

Andrew

They equalizer is a piece of cake. It baiscly just comes with wiring for the power, then you just have a rca input, and outputs for the fronts, rears and subs. If you go to any stereo shop they will have the 1 1/2 din face plate. Really easy mod and it looks nice. I like it mostly because I can turn on and off my subs with a button on the EQ. And I can adjust the subs volume quickly with a slide on the EQ also.
Quadcam,
I had the exact same idea. That is my eventual goal is to have it a solid red. I think it would look really clean. I am also considering putting a new bumper on righ away. I did make a mistake in not researching how big of tires I could put on my rims. I only have 255/55s I know someone else has the same rims with 275s on them. I went witht he suggestion of the guy I bought them from. I wish they were wider. I have 1 inch spacers to put on, but I need to pull the studs off and trim them because they are too long. When I get my next set of tires I will definetly get them as wide as possible.

thats a great looking explorer that you have:)

www.pacificie.com sells the altezzas and clear corners.
they might sell the guages too.

Good to go.. Where'd you get the side markers? I want summa those on my X.

Its nice to see another guy from NJ on here.. To bad you had to go and do all that to a perfectly good 4x4. :)

Back