Josh P's new 1994 Aerostar.

Icuff4cash

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Las vegas
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 aerostar awd
since the DMV took my license because of my muscular dystrophy and a few other things happening the aerobomber is going. I'm moving back to jersey and me and the wife are moving into my daughters split mother daughter house. So I don't need the van they want $1,200 to ship it from Vegas to jersey. It have all the goodie you have seen over that past 2 years over $900 in tires alone New. First $500. Has it or I'm giving it to goodwill for a tax write off must be gone before turkey day call me
Robert 702-553-8235

SOLD TO JOSH P A VERY GOOD MEMBER. ADMIN PLEASE REMOVE ANY POSTING YOU FIND THIS ITEM FOR SALE. I CANT FIGURE OUT HOW TO DELEAT POSTING.
THANK YOU
ROBERT LOMBARDO

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The price was too good to pass up, I will be the next owner of this van. Thanks Robert.

Thanks everyone the van is sold.
Josh bought it and I loaded it up with extra Christmas stuff

The van should be on it's way to phoenix on Thursday. I asked a co worker that is on a job in vegas if he would drive it to phoenix for me. While trying to pay Robert I found out someone has some of my personal information, the credit card linked to my paypal account would not authorize the charge. I had to go to the bank with the card and my ID to find out the fraud dept caught and stopped a purchase some tried to make at boost mobile for $1050.

I changed my Wells Fargo and linked it to PayPal.you can get a PayPal debit card and reader for free. PayPal never has your personal bank information on the rfi strip on you card the have a dummy number which bounces back to PayPal then only PayPal has your true number. Just like Apple Pay google pay went out of business. Learn a hard lesson last year wife was walking threw target and some one scanned everyone in the store with an rfi reader. Got me for a grand,but Wells Fargo replaced the money took about 7/10 days.

Yes, I got the van. Blew the head gasket instantly. I Will replace the motor trans and transfer case.

I towed the van from Vegas to where I work in phoenix. I drove the van from the office to my house, the temp gauge never got hot but the radiator ran out of water on the trip across town. Oil got hot enough to lose pressure which is what got my attention. Motor and transfer case need attention, trans is fine but I'm not a fan of the A4LD so it will get swapped when I pull the motor.

what other autos work with the 4.0?

what other autos work with the 4.0?
C3 C4 and the 5R55 series with a standalone controller. Aod or 4r70w could be adapted with a custom flexplate. Engine to trans adapter exists, any shop that makes flexplates could make one with the 4.0 pattern. Starter would be on the opposite side of the engine so the exhaust would need to be rerouted.

A 4.0L is 18 inches wide, a 5.0L is 21 inches wide, 2v 4.6 is 26 inches wide. Twice the torque and hp would make for a nice ride. I will have a build thread started once I figure out what I want to do.

Did you consider another option? What about an electric conversion? The motors are a direct drive without a transfer case or a transmission. Somewhere in this section there's a photo of an electric motor with a transmission connected to it which was installed in an Aerostar. It might be in the modified Aerostar photos thread but I'm not sure.

Electric would be nice but I'd never be able to leave town. I'm toying with a few options. Transfer case will get replaced with a np242 so I can go from awd to 2 wheel drive.

i looked into electric a while ago.the batteries are way too expensive still.id love to have a 5.0 and t5[or t56]in my sport but i haven't been able to find pictures of someone who did it.plus its extremely illegal to do that here so i couldn't get it inspected unless the inspector was taking bribes.electric aerostar link. EV Weblog: Motorheads!

i looked into electric a while ago.the batteries are way too expensive still.id love to have a 5.0 and t5[or t56]in my sport but i haven't been able to find pictures of someone who did it.plus its extremely illegal to do that here so i couldn't get it inspected unless the inspector was taking bribes.electric aerostar link. EV Weblog: Motorheads!
A 5.0L van would be cool. I think a 2.0L ecoboost would be an easier swap for about the same cost (I'd have to mod the 5.0L). A 5.0L H.O is 225 hp and 285 tq. The 2.0L is 252 hp and 270 tq. On 93 octane with the Ford control pack the torque is increased to 360. The bell housing pattern is the same as the 2.3L used in the 01 up ranger so those transmissions would fit perfectly. A 6 speed from a miata would work too.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back