Josh P's new 1994 Aerostar. | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Josh P's new 1994 Aerostar.

my straight drive shorty would be great for converting to electric but the batteries are SOO expensive.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

my straight drive shorty would be great for converting to electric but the batteries are SOO expensive.

Many people are using used Tesla battery packs for their EV projects with great results.

ebay has battery packs so does craigslist
Many of these EV use 48V lithium ion packs = wicked good stuff, my whole house is powered by a 48v lithium pack

Started on this project. Got an empty engine bay to work with. I need to go shopping at the junk yard. The front axle is junk, both fenders and front bumper need to be replaced. I have a 302 I'm going to install. I will get a 4r75e trans and a np242 transfercase. Front and rear axles will be changed to an 8.8.

View attachment 161193

View attachment 161194

View attachment 161195

View attachment 161196

View attachment 161197
i dug up these old pictures because i still want to hotrod my 91 sport.it has a blown headgasket.it looks like i will need a rear sump pan.i once converted a 302 to a rear sump pan but since the oil pump is in front,the front of the pan still sits pretty low.a chevy 350 has the rear pan so thats an option.also an option would be a modified 4.0 since this engine was never offered in the short vans.a lesser option would be a turbo 2.3 from a tbird.i was hoping Josh would finish this project and give pointers.

i dug up these old pictures because i still want to hotrod my 91 sport.it has a blown headgasket.it looks like i will need a rear sump pan.i once converted a 302 to a rear sump pan but since the oil pump is in front,the front of the pan still sits pretty low.a chevy 350 has the rear pan so thats an option.also an option would be a modified 4.0 since this engine was never offered in the short vans.a lesser option would be a turbo 2.3 from a tbird.i was hoping Josh would finish this project and give pointers.
I haven't abandoned this project. When I pulled the subframe to swap the 8.8 axle in, I found cracks in the metal in the common places. Since you are rwd, I'd swap in a 302. If you need pointers or assistance, I can help.

I haven't abandoned this project. When I pulled the subframe to swap the 8.8 axle in, I found cracks in the metal in the common places. Since you are rwd, I'd swap in a 302. If you need pointers or assistance, I can help.
you don't think the front of the oil pan designed to fit over the front mounted oil pump of the 302 is going to cause the engine to set too high to clear the crossmember?im assuming the 302s still have the pump in front. Ford Performance M-6675-A50 5.0L SBF Rear Sump Oil Pan{match_type}&msclkid=b4347aef8c5f148c01f6196f8458aa8f&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=SMI%20-%20Shopping%20(CSE)%20(Bing)&utm_term=4577129468980738&utm_content=All%20Products%20II%20(Feb28_2020)

Back