jumper for a/c blower switch | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership! If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

jumper for a/c blower switch

cogs

Reaction score
City, State
texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 sport 2wd
i got a new a/c switch since my blower only ran high. it fixed the blower, but now my a/c won't turn on (even though the switch description said "with a/c"). with the old, broken switch, the a/c would turn on, just only high blower speed.

rockauto said they would replace it, but i threw the old one away (not knowing it didn't engage the a/c). so i wanted to jump the switch connector so i could return the switch itself. anyone know what pins i should jump, to have blower when started? or is there another way?

Holiday Special! Join the Elite Explorers $20 for 2 years! Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

racer_x_one

Reaction score
City, State
PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT
Well according to the shcematic there are two purple wires that are the ac and the white/lite blue is the power wire. If you jump these your ac will kick on but you won't have fan control.

Jason94sport

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Sport 2WD 5 speed
Your sure your problem was the switch & not the blower motor resistor? That's usually the cause of only 1 or 2 fan speeds working.

cogs

Reaction score
City, State
texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 sport 2wd
Jason94sport: i replaced the resistor first. but the new switch is changing speeds, but not turning on a/c.

racer_x_one: thanks for the schematic. i wanted to turn on the blower... the a/c can wait til summer. so the blower needs power, so i know those colors. maybe by process of elimination i can find the pin of the blower.

racer_x_one

Reaction score
City, State
PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT
racer_x_one: thanks for the schematic. i wanted to turn on the blower... the a/c can wait til summer. so the blower needs power, so i know those colors. maybe by process of elimination i can find the pin of the blower.

Low=red/organge, med=yellow/red, med high=light green/white, high=orange/black.

cogs

Reaction score
City, State
texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 sport 2wd
Thank you !! oh shoot, meant to ask if i jump it, will it turn off with the car?

racer_x_one

Reaction score
City, State
PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT
Thank you !! oh shoot, meant to ask if i jump it, will it turn off with the car?

The ignition cuts all power so it shouldn't behave any different than if the switch was in there.

cogs

Reaction score
City, State
texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 sport 2wd
i jumped the offset black wire to the high blower wire. i couldn't make my a/c engage at all, but at least i have blower power. i did blow the a/c fuse under the dash, it was a 10 amp replacement. tried to put a little r134 in (the pressure was 0), but still no a/c clutch turning. it's weird cause before i replaced this switch, the broken switch still allowed the a/c to engage.