• Register Today It's free!

junk headlight problems

Rcman098

Reaction score
City, State
Port st. Lucie florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Eddie Bauer 4x4
Well, I bought some halo projector headlights from pro tuning lab a few months ago and all ive had were problems. To start, i had to dremel out some of the holes to install the bulbs even though these were suppose to be plug and play lights, then the headlights didn't fit the car in general. I ended up having to trim the lights and modify my stock headlight mounts and now they fit.

So I have two real problems that I cant solve.

1.first is the passenger headlight is about 20% brighter than the drivers. I have replaced the bulb changed bulbs between the lights with the same result. all connections seem ok, and all the other bulbs are equally as bright except the headlight.

2. The headlight bulb is an H1 style bulb that is common in fog lights. I ordered some LED H1 bulbs off eBay to replace the halogens and they look great at 6000 kelvins but they're meant to be fog lights ( Because that's what these bulbs normally are) and they're not bright enough at all. I cant seem to find any LED H1 bulbs anywhere with the same wattage (the stock bulbs were 55w). So if anyone knows a brighter LED or a Halogen that's close to a white blue color that would be great.

Back