• Register Today It's free!

Junkyard Parts Interchangeability

jmmorgan82

Reaction score
City, State
San Marcos, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport Trac 4x4
I am starting this thread so we can all list junkyard parts from other vehicles that we can use on our Sport Trac's. I was a member of a Jeep forum for a while, and a similar thread there was an invaluable resource.

I've got a few days off and am thinking about heading to the Pick n Pull in San Antonio. I need a passenger mirror, cruise control buttons, steering wheel, and maybe some roof rack crossbars. Any of you know what years/models I could pull these parts from? It would also help if folks could list what other parts they have found/know will fit.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The regular Explorer Sport (2 dr. model) '01-'03 is exactly the same sheet metal from the front bumper to the "A" pillar along with the dashboard. The "Sport" front seats and dash interior is a perfect match along with the of course the steering wheel and cruise control buttons. I'm not sure about the front door mirror since the Sport Trac is a 4 door but it may possibly fit.

any 2nd gen explorer's interior can provide a wealth of parts for any 1st gen sport trac. same goes for the ford rangers of the same era. ive pulled everything from radio bezels, trim pieces, switches, and visors from junkyards for my sport trac.

they are also a good place if you are looking for the same axles as our sport tracs. this includes many of the brake parts and other goodies underneath.

as long as its the 4.0 SOHC in the 2nd gen explorer that is in your salvage yard, then you will also find a wealth of parts waiting to be recycled back into your sport trac.

Hello,

Does anybody know whether front disc rotors made for a 1997-2003 Explorer would fit a 2005 Sport Trac? I heard that Ford changed the front brake design on the Sport Trac in 2003, but at least on catalogs they look exactly the same...

Sport Trac front rotors are a larger diameter than the Explorer rotors.

Sport Trac front rotors are a larger diameter than the Explorer rotors.
Oops, you're right. I checked: Sport Trac front rotors are a good 3cm wider than the regular Explorer rotors...

Back