Jurassic Park...The SUV! | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Jurassic Park...The SUV!

Alright so some of you know Ive been painting my truck the last week, and I was going to wait to show it off at T-haven...But I know you all can't wait and I'm to proud of my hard work:D

So here are some pictures I took with my cell phone.

JP_Truck_High.jpg

JP_Truck_Side.jpg

Still have more to do, need to remount the front bumper, wetsand the whole truck and put on the JP logos when they get here..

The entire paint job was done using a $10 air sprayer from Harbor Freight and Rustoleum paint. The green I actually custom made, as no color was available like that.;)

Here is the original...in case you forgot:p:
(dead link)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

uhhhhhhhhh those are for real! Been there like forever! A real tourist trap!!!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Aren't those off of the Cabazon Exit?

That... is... so...

SWEET!

"You're... you're crazy man. I like you, but you're crazy."

Seriously that was a bold move stic and clearly it paid off, that is freaking sick nasty. I have always wanted some exotic paint job on mine. You are just living the dream.

Ok Looking for feed back here...

I think of adding the 3 lights to the roof like the original? What do you all think, I'm sorry for the bad pic:(

roof_lights.jpg

Original
(lost photo)

What do you all think?

I could also paint the light houseings red to match the roof, but I'm not painting the roof rack

I think your X is a little bit tall for the garage....or that light comes down to far. I'd say do it but they look too small....might just be the angle/garage/the x being lifted.

I think you need that kick ass pana roof on yours...:thumbsup:

I think the lights would look good, and you can never have enough of them! You should get some A-pillar spot lights too from a retired cop car.

yeah, go for the lights, the more the better and they look pretty good too !

I want to buy a first gen and do this... I could paint it lol. Does anyone know where I could get that top for a 1st gen?

Ahaha

I was just about to say you should get the Big window on top. That would be sweet. The lights look cool though. I agree with everyone, add them. If you're just worried about the height with the lights you could always get the Sawzall out.....:D

Actually, I plan on building in wrap around guards on my rear bumper. My rear bumper will kinda look this..;)

(lost photo)

My friend has that exact same bumper (except with the tire carrier option) on the exact same jeep and that thing is heavveeyy..

Back