Just a bit of gearbox advice please, what else do I need? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just a bit of gearbox advice please, what else do I need?

marcjagman

Reaction score
City, State
Barnsley
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Explorer 4.0
I'm going to be perlacing the valve body in my 1999 V6 Explorer along with the filter. Is there anything else that I can replace/check/adjust while I'm doing this? More of a prevention of problems before they occure.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Reverse servo d ring is all I can think of.

I have purchased parts from eBay user transparts4u they are real good. Do a seller search because I may be incorrect as to the spelling.

You are going to want a servo cover gasket with that. And I assume you have the separator plate gasket situation in order as well.

I have purchased parts from eBay user transparts4u they are real good. Do a seller search because I may be incorrect as to the spelling.

Did a seller search, no joy, not even close ,matches

You are going to want a servo cover gasket with that. And I assume you have the separator plate gasket situation in order as well.

Got gaskets in order, cheers

I think it may be transdeals4u...sorry getting a little long in the tooth memory ain't what it used to be.

Back